wording for 100%soy

Im not sure if I should of posted this in the business side of things or not. I thought on the veg section since it only applies to veg waxers. Anywho sorry if its in the wrong spot.

Ive been reading alot of slams about Beanpod and other candle makers who use wording "from soy" "with soy") etc. My ? --- I make soy cont. candles. I use El classic 100% soy. the only thing I add is color and FO (depending on color 1/4tsp UV protector per LB). What would be good wording so I dont get mixed up with the people that actually add other waxes and misc ingrediants. I thought to stay legal since I add color/FO/UV I had to say made from 100% soy wax. Any input would be awesome.

If I havent mentioned so far thank you all so much for your time and input. I think its very nice and inviting to be able to kick ideas around with fellow candle makers instead of everyone to hoard the info for themselves. This is a great group of people. ;)

We have a disclaimer kind of sign it states that our candles are made from 100% soy wax,wick, dye, and fragrance. That without the addition of the wick,dye and fragrance the soy wax itself is edible and can be used to fry things such as french fries. Its kind of a joke between me and my husband, but is a good advertising technique. People sure ask alot of questions...and since my husband tested the theory, we can honestly say it doesn't taste very good, but it certainly is edible...LMAO

Heather

I am not sure about any legal issues as far as what you label it. One company got away with labeling theirs soy when it really wasn't soy (it strongly resembled a wax blend that Strahl & Pitsch sells). To me, if it has mostly soy, then I simply call it a soy candle. If it is a blend, then I call it what it is, a soy blend or a para-soy blend. Mine are soy with about 2-3% beeswax, but I still sell them as soy candles. I am really not sure if there are any legal issues involved on how you label soy on it, but I could be wrong.

We have a disclaimer kind of sign it states that our candles are made from 100% soy wax,wick, dye, and fragrance. That without the addition of the wick,dye and fragrance the soy wax itself is edible and can be used to fry things such as french fries. Its kind of a joke between me and my husband, but is a good advertising technique. People sure ask alot of questions...and since my husband tested the theory, we can honestly say it doesn't taste very good, but it certainly is edible...LMAO

Heather

Even though most of us that make soy candles know that soy is edible. I am not sure that I would even mention the word edible on the label or anything the customer sees, if you do. You are gonna get that one customer that is going to try doing something with the candle for which is not intended, and that is just giving them an idea to try out. I understand that it is a joke, but not everyone will. That one idiot will try and melt down an uncolored candle and fry chicken in it, and if it makes him sick, then it won't be a joke. I don't mean to sound so harsh when it comes to this, but I wouldn't tell the customer anything or put ANYTHING on a label that could give anyone ideas other than the proper way to burn the candle. I may be making something out of nothing, and if I am I apologize, but that is JMO.

I just call mine Soy, which it is, I don't call them 100% Soy which they are not after FO & color. If I make a blend I don't say what the blend is just Soy Blend. I don't mislead people, I just want give out my secrets and tell them what the blend is, weather it's a vegie blend or a Soy Paraffin blend.

Happy 4th Birthday Kristine. This is only our second year but we hope to get bigger and bigger!:)

Whoa. Where did that come from? lol

I'd say 100% soy wax to just not have the people say "well, is the wick soy? And the fo and dye and such...lol

Mine is a soy blend, but I don't market as soy at all. Just fantastic smelling candles!

Even though most of us that make soy candles know that soy is edible. I am not sure that I would even mention the word edible on the label or anything the customer sees, if you do. You are gonna get that one customer that is going to try doing something with the candle for which is not intended, and that is just giving them an idea to try out. I understand that it is a joke, but not everyone will. That one idiot will try and melt down an uncolored candle and fry chicken in it, and if it makes him sick, then it won't be a joke. I don't mean to sound so harsh when it comes to this, but I wouldn't tell the customer anything or put ANYTHING on a label that could give anyone ideas other than the proper way to burn the candle. I may be making something out of nothing, and if I am I apologize, but that is JMO.

I totally understand what you are saying and where you are coming from, that is why it states that without the wick, dye, and fragrance part the wax itself is edible. Which it is, not to much difference then crisco. People are going to do stupid things with products no matter what you say, or don't say. There is never any reason to apologize for your opinion that is just that your opinion, I'm sure that we all have our own technique for doing things, that others may not agree with..that is why we are all different and that is what makes our products different from others.