Wedding scent ideas

Mei-Mei

I'm getting married on May 28 and I came up with the remarkably radical idea of making candles as my favors.:D Does anybody have any ideas of strong, unique scents that are appropriate for a wedding? I'll be using Greenleaf 70/30, so scents that are strong in soy would be great. Thank you.

For favors, how about a spring scent or a floral scent (since you're getting married in the spring). Do you want to do the favors to match your wedding colors? If so, what are they so we can help match the scent.

Here are some I thought of off the top of my head:

Mimosa Mandarin

Honey Gardenia

Peach, Magnolia Raspberry

Blackberry Freesia

Citrus Linen

Blackberry Tea

Lavender Vanilla

For favors, how about a spring scent or a floral scent (since you're getting married in the spring). Do you want to do the favors to match your wedding colors? If so, what are they so we can help match the scent.

Here are some I thought of off the top of my head:

Mimosa Mandarin

Honey Gardenia

Peach, Magnolia Raspberry

Blackberry Freesia

Citrus Linen

Blackberry Tea

Lavender Vanilla

I'm going to do an all white wedding (maybe with some 'spring green' accents). Who makes a nice Honey Gardenia? That sounds like a wonderful scent!:grin2:

Guest EMercier

This might not be what you're looking for, but how about Wedding Day (yankee type)? If not, I will second the Vanilla Lavendar. Make it an all white candle.

Snowtop makes Honey Gardenia. It is really strong and a great scent. I would definitely try a sample. It's great.

Other florals/spring-time scents that might be nice are Magnolia, Spring Rain, Berrie Breeze (JS)(would be fine colored white), Fresh Linen, Honeysuckle, Perfect Pear, Ocean.

I might be doing soap favors for my best friend's wedding in June.

We are leaning towards White Tea & Ginger and Green Clover & Aloe. Both unisex scents and they go well together. Anyway that would be your all white and a sprig of green:wink2:

edited to say that I use Peak's WT&G

What about Cherish from Just Scent? I even like the name for the occasion. It is strong but soft at the same time for those who may be scent sensitive. I also think Peace from Scented Bean is really pretty and suitable for a wedding.

Well....not sure if it is appropriate or not but my daughter is having me to use Satin Sheets for her wedding in April....I got it from Greenleaf and it is awesome in the 70/30.....cold and hot throw is out of this world....

I'm getting married on May 28 and I came up with the remarkably radical idea of making candles as my favors.:D Does anybody have any ideas of strong, unique scents that are appropriate for a wedding? I'll be using Greenleaf 70/30, so scents that are strong in soy would be great. Thank you.

If the favors will be placed in the reception area you may not want to use a floral scent because it might be overwhelming with the large quantity of candles. I did favors for a wedding in the winter and the bride chose Wedding Cake for the scent (I used Alabaster's Birthday Cake and just called it Wedding Cake). Got lots of compliments on the luscious fragrance.

Jane

If the favors will be placed in the reception area you may not want to use a floral scent because it might be overwhelming with the large quantity of candles. I did favors for a wedding in the winter and the bride chose Wedding Cake for the scent (I used Alabaster's Birthday Cake and just called it Wedding Cake). Got lots of compliments on the luscious fragrance.

Jane

I'm going to tins and then put them in pretty boxes with a ribbon, so fragrance shouldn't be a problem. The candles I make for decoration willl be unscented.:grin2: