My Big Bath Bombs

Sherie

soooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I'm curious about the scent too!!

Sherie any tips on using the ornie as a mold? I'm about to attempt making bombs using Easter Eggs, which is the same concept (putting two pieces together). Do you prepare the mold to get it out easier? Also do you over stuff each side then push together? I appreciate any help :)

Those look beautiful Sherie, well done! I had to settle for molding mine in plastic easter eggs, LOL!

Edited to add: Just noticed that others are using the eggs too. I have to say that once I unmolded them, I sat them up in little papercups to finish drying. It seemed like it was too much for them to just lay, they started to crack around the middles. So I promptly threw them back in the bowl, sprayed some more alcohol on them, mixed them around again and repacked them. All of them except for one held, one cracked in half. This was my first try, so I consider it a success, LOL!

LOL, thank so much everyone for the compliments on my big, smooth balls!! Okay, to answer questions now:

Robin: These are the molds from Kangaroo Blue and I just weighed them. They weigh in at 4 oz. I'm going to check out Michaels for a slightly larger one just to play and see how it works.

Angelique: They are scented with Moonlight Path (Ashley is really wearing this scent out right now).

Violetmoondrops: The molds came from Kangaroo Blue but Michaels has them too. As for the RJ's mold. It works wonderfully. Just use a dixie cup, weigh out 2 oz. of mix, put it in the mold, put the press thingie on top and wack it with a hammer and viola, bath tablet. I got that after numerous attempts at working with the meatballer and ornies. But my DD wanted "Big Balls" like Bath Junkie. So, the loving mommy that I am (LMAO), I just kept after it. Now my sweet lil princea$$ (:laugh2: :laugh2: ) is so happy! Think she'll remember on Mother's Day? :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

MaryAnn: Okay, I have to say the "KEY" to making these molds work for ME was the consistency of the mix and I sprayed it, like Elizabeth recommended, with alcohol. I did very lightly prep my molds with SAO and I did over stuff them and then lightly tap the mold 3 times on my counter. I was wearing a sterile exam glove (from work of coarse) and took my finger and wiped off the excess after I squeezed the molds together. Then, very, very gently kinda squeeze the top mold sides inward to loosen it and lift it off. DO NOT TWIST THEM OFF. Turn it over and the ball will fall out.

I did use citric acid and didn't have any issues with blow outs. I did use SLSa and got bubbles, bubbles, bubbles. As for the mixing, I put all my dry ingredients together in a stainless steel mixing bowl, then mixed my liquids (oils, FO, coloring) together in a separate glass and drizzled a little at a time followed by hand mixing (wearing a sterile glove) until all the liquid was mixed in. I then sprayed the mixture with 10 sprays of alcohol, hand mixed, sprayed with 10 sprays of alcohol again, hand mixed and sprayed with 10 sprays of alcohol again and hand mixed. The mixtured wax perfect. I did have to spray with 5 sprays of alcohol at the very end because the mixture was starting to dry out a little. I let them dry over night and they are rock hard. The color is light aquamarine and all I can smell is Moonlight Path, no alcohol. I hope this helps MaryAnn, good luck girlie!!!!!