Intro / Looking For West Mich Supplier

Hi All!

I'm going to dive in and start making candles. I spend alot of money on candles for gifts every year, so I figured I may as well try doing it myself. I love learning new things. While I do admit to having a few unfinished projects lurking in my closet, one little needlepoint project from when my oldest son was a baby...he's now almost 24, that's gotta be a record!! I figure making candles will be much more rewarding with fewer unfinished items. (am I fooling myself?)

Also, I wanted to add that I appreciate the kind and generous attitude I see you all displaying toward one another.

Does anyone know of a supplier in the West Michigan area? Doing searches has led me to several on the other side of the state, but it would be great to find someone that I could pick up supplies from, you know...cost of shipping, ouch.:shocked2:

Thanks so much!

Later, got to fly off to the salon, can't do a thing with this squirrely hair!!

Rocky

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

oh wrong Rocky. :embarasse

Hi there and welcome! Southers Scentsations and Millcreek are probably going to be the closest to you. You can try the starter kits to decide on a wax and if you really like it.

BTW we like noobs. Taste like chicken :drool:

geek

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Vicki... Yes, I suppose, but would feel a little more fortunate if there were any closer than 200+ miles as I can get to Illinois in that distance.

Lorrie, Golden Brands & Carol k...Thanks for the info and the invite. I found your site Lorrie (very pretty). You and Southern Sensations are about 225 miles from me. I couldn't find a Millcreek in MI, thanks Carol for explaining why, but I can't find "Twigs and Berries" either. Do you have a link?

Hi Ruby! Nice to meet you too. I'm north of GR. We have snow on the ground again and it's 24 degrees this morning. Bet you have more suppliers closer to you where you are now.

Geekrunner, thanks for the suggestions, yes I am considering the kits. (this noob tastes more like squirrel.)

Lovecandletarts2, I see you're from Michigan also, where abouts? I also see that you have done "co-op" orders. Would that be like if I asked how many people within a 50 mile radius of me would like to group order?

Thanks everyone for all of your help, I really appreciate it and I am very excited to get started. My brain is spinning from all the research I've been doing; which soy, which container, which wick, which fragrance and biggest of all which supplier. I'm starting to think I should just close my eyes, throw a dart at the wall map and order!

Rocky

Rocky,

Thank you for the compliment. Millcreek is in Ohio. I am not sure what part. I am sure that your head is spinning with all the information. Mine was too when I started. You will have to buy and test each wax to see which one works for you. I took me a little bit and some $$ but I am happy with the one I am using now.

And co-op are when a group of people group together and place a bulk order from the supplier. Everything gets shipped to the hostess and they ship the individual orders to the members. Sometimes it can save money and sometimes not. You will have to do the home work on the co-ops you would like to join.

And once again! Welcome to the board. I think that you will like it here.

Lorrie

www.jandlcreations.com

rocky,

twigs&berries addy is tbcandlesupplies.com they are in milford, mi

also millcreek is in kewanna, in they are my neighbors, about a tenth of a mile up the road, i can see their house from mine.

they are not in ohio.

Welcome aboard Rocky: :D

Bittercreek Candle Supply is in Ashland, Wisconsin. When I order from there, their shipping starts out in Ironwood, MI. (Upper Pennisula). Not as close as you would like, but it would save on shipping costs.

I am about 22 miles northwest of Ann Arbor and can drive to Southern Scentsations. Beth and Doug are great to work with and have excellent products too. Still close enough to you to save on shipping costs.

You will find as you experiment that one supplier will NOT be enough since there are so many products out there to have fun with.

Website addy for Bittercreek:

http://www.candlesupply.com/

Hope this helps you out!

Ruby, that is a most kind and generous offer! Thank you so much, I just may take you up on that, please email me when you might be coming this way.

Realmarcha, thank you for the warm welcome. I will most surely check out the shipping rates from Bittercreek / Ironwood. I appreciate the info on Southern Sensations, and the encouragement.

Thanks again to everyone! This is a great list. (Confession: I just recently caught on that this list is sponsered by Peak Candle Supply...very generous considering we talk consistently about other suppliers. Thanks, I'll be checking out your site later today.)

Rocky