suntan body butter or oil

cattzclawz

Hey I am very new to the B & B game, but I am already addicted. I am going to Florida to have fun in the sun in a few days and would love to have a recipe or two to take. Especially for tanning on the beach. I have made lip balms and tried some body butters so I do have a few ingredients on hand. I can't go without thanking my friend angied for that.....Thanks!!!! But I would love some recipes if possible.

Thanks

Cathy

Hey Cat,

I did a search and here's a cpl of recipes I found:

Dont know how the work but found the on the From Nature with Love site:D

Angie

Summary:

Moisturizing Suntan Lotion

Ingredients:

Coconut Oil 2 oz

Glycerin 4.5 oz

Emulifying Wax 3 oz

Water 38 oz (room temp)

Sesame Oil 12 oz

Cocoa Butter 2.5 oz

Citric Acid 1 tsp

GSE 2 oz

Vitamin E 5 capsules

Instructions:

Melt oils, cocoa butter and wax in double boiler over medium heat. Add citric acid. Remove from heat and place in large mixing bowl. With stick blender in motion slowly add water until well blended. Add glycerin and vitamin E. Cool slightly and add GSE. Add fragrance if desired. Put in containers.

Summary:
Tanning and Moisturizing Lotion

Ingredients:

4 oz distilled water

1 oz cocoa butter (weighed)

1 oz shea butter (weighed)

1 oz organic coconut oil (weighed)

2 tablespoons emulsifying wax

2 tablespoons hemp seed oil

2 tablespoons meadowfoam oil

1 teaspoon vanilla flavor oil

1 teaspoon strawberry flavor oil

Instructions:

Mix ingredients, less flavor oils, and heat to 180 degrees or better and hold it at the temp for 20 to 30 minutes. You will need to blend these several times during the heating cycle. I found an old "Home" milkshake maker that works great. It takes at least three times to insure the mix will not readily separate later. Allow it to cool to about 130 degrees before adding the flavor oils. Stir one last time and pour. This will make about 9 oz's of tanning lotion. I have had great feedback from the users. I make a Strawberry Sun Day and a Pineapple Sun Day. Both are well received.

Thanks angied, I think we have most of the ingredients except for GSE and Im with jennifer, what is GSE? Also, bunny, I read somewhere that most of the citrus EO say something about the sun. Do you have any input? Sheila, I can't wait to get on the beach...I have been cheating a tad bit in the tanning bed.shhhhh don't tell. But thanks I will be careful. I wonder if there is an oil that has a protection from UV rays. So I want the tan but not the harmful UV stuff. Is that so much to ask...lol lol lol?:laugh2:

Hey Cat,

I agree with Erika, use the store bought stuff for florida because the sun is stronger there, and when you get back you can try and make some stuff after you already have some sun. Plus that gives you more time to research and try out different recipes;)

Angie