Wick chart on Excel **CLARIFICATION**

Thanks for the awesome chart, GeekRunner. One question. Are these number reflective of soy or parafin?

I'm kinda sorta assuming it is paraffin, the site I lfted the info from did not specify. What you could do is take a jar that is 3 to 3 1/2" wide, pour plain soy with no color or FO or wick, after it sets up poke a hole in the center and stick in a wick of your choice. Weigh the jar/wax assembly. Burn it for four hours and then measure the diameter of the melt pool, and weigh again to find the amount of wax consumed during the four hours. You may need to convert oz to grams. Then compare to what the chart says it should be for the wick you used. That should give you a point of reference for the others.

geek

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so everyone knows...

Some CTers are under the impression I actually performed the burn tests. as I stated in my opening post on this thread, the figures were lifted from a wick manufacturer website. They are intended to establish a relative starting point for our own testing. They have tested them in their own wax, which may have been paraffin. It should be pretty close to what it would do in soy But it at least gets us close enough to make an educated guess at a starting wick for testing. Believe me, if I had done all the work to test the wicks in a certain wax I would not be giving it away! My intention was to provide publically posted information in a form that one can use while offline. The hardest part of this is emailing them out to those requesting it, which is not that hard anyway. Just trying to help out my fellow CTers! :grin2:

geek

I gave up on getting one I pm'd twice and posted still havent gotten it

I looked back in my Sent Mail and found I sent you three, one from the post and two you PM'd me for. Maybe your spam filter is catching my emails. I'll send you another one. Check your spam folder.

To any other CTers who did not get one after requesting one, check your Spam or Junk Mail folder, I just realized the text I put in the Subject line may be triggering your Spam filter. If youcan't find it just PM me again with your email address.

geek :sad2:

• 3 weeks later...