I'm sooo bummed......

Michi

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too...just let us know how much the candles are. My hubby and I were very strapped for cash this past xmas since he lost his job. I always have a few candles at work to sell. Anyway, my coworkers new from conversations that it would be slim to no pickins for our 3 kids and all of a sudden 2.5 weeks before xmas I had more orders that I knew what to do with from work. Friends do help friends out! Just wanted to share too!

Michi.. You have so many people that want to help you. Please let us help. Swallow that pride, pour a few candles, and accept the donations members want to send.

I don't think there's anyone that can say "Hey, she's just trying to get money" as you've posted the beginning and middle of your fundraiser efforts with such excitement and willingness to help your daughter. We've all made a personal choice to help. And by golly if I have to find and post your paypal address here, I'll do it. You've got some PM's to answer girl, and some ones to send too.

Hugs and Kisses

Bunny

Hey Michi,

I promise we don't think you are trying to get us to buy anything in fact we brought it up :). I will buy candles somewhere so give me the opportunity to get the warm fuzzies at the same time by supporting a good cause after all thats what fundraisers are all about :)

-MArj

I'm all for supporting a good cause! C'mon Michi .......... please give us the info so we can help support something worthwhile. It would mean alot to all of us to help out someone we know would be there to help us if the tables were turned.;)

I think all of us at one point or the other in life has needed a little help, heck i buy stuff from kids around here all time that i don't need or use, at least a candle i could enjoy:grin2: none of us know when we will be down that same road and need help, its for a kid and that makes a difference. 2 years ago my grandson needed to sell donuts to help make up $300.00 he needed for his 8th grade trip, the guys at dh's work place all came thru, they bought 45 boxes' of donuts, so i like to help a kid also, sort of pass it on.

OMG you guys are the BEST!!!!!

Where's that crying smilie when you need it???? I swear I haven't stopped bawling since I got online this morning, found some great emails and PMs, and then a little birdie told me to get my A$$ over here and read some more of the loving outpour that's going on!!

I don't know what to say, really, thank you just seems sooo trivial and small right now.

Ok, background on the trip:

This trip is being called "Washington D.C." trip but in actuality they are going to Washington D.C. and Pennsylvania, and Virginia, and even NYCity, they are hitting all the historical landmarks, and then are going to see a broadway play (they're supposed to bring dressy clothes for this and of course all the girls are excited to get dressed up! :D ), and there are few other things I'm sure I can't think of right now. ??

The total for the trip is $1659 (this includes flight, hotel entrance to any and all events along the way, and all meals), of which we put down a non-refundable $300 deposit at the beginning, and then McKenna did a candy fundraiser, and a raffle ticket fundraiser and a cookie dough fundraiser (no wonder our neighbors wouldn't buy candles, they were probably just sick and tired of her coming to their door. LOL) and then the candles of course.

She earned $115.95 through the school fundraisers and has made about $400 in candle sales (still need to add this up for a final total I guess I've just been afraid to know the REAL total), so as a guesstimate I'm thinking we need about $840.

Candle info:

Since I STILL can't get any bigger candles to burn the way I feel they should burn, and I figured people would want cheaper items to buy, I did small 4oz. glass jars, and 6oz. tins, and a few 8oz. tins (but then I started having a problem finding the wicks I was using for the 8oz. tins so am not doing anymore of those than what was already ordered ;) ).

We've been selling the 4oz. jars for $5 or 3 for $12 (which seems to be the most popular) and then the 6oz. tins for $7 or 3 for $18.

We have 10 scents (that McKenna picked out herself ;) ):

mango papaya (peak) orange/coral color

silky "v" vanilla (JS) cream color

green clover & aloe (peak) green color

black raspberry vanilla (peak) dk. burgandy color

apple jack & peel (peak) dk. red color

plumeria (peak) lavender color

honeysuckle (peak) yellow color

love spell (peak) dk. purple color

banana nut bread (peak) gold color

sweet pea (peak) pink color

Can't tell I like Peak's oils can ya? LOL

I feel soooo blessed to know all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sitting here though, really having a hard time typing my paypal addy here I just feel guilty, I know I know someone told me, I'm not taking, that you're GIVING, and that I should put my pride aside.:embarasse

Oh you guys..............

Please don't feel like you have to send anything big, every little bit will help I know, and God will help us make it I know because he is working right now-LOOK!!!!!!!

jchog2000@sbcglobal.net

THANKS A MILLION EVERYONE!!!