My FIRST Palm Wax Pillar

Soja

This wax is awesome! The crystal looking effect is just like the pictures on their web pages!

I don't know if you can get closer and see the feathery appearance but it is COOL!

Thanks Mtngrl and others that gave your hints and suggestions.

Soja

:D :D

post-1543-139458395475_thumb.jpg

That is a great shade of yellow.

I do like palm wax for the nice effects but I don't like palm waxes because they are to brittle (you can't hug a palm piller) so you can't get a complete burn & palm is too hard for me to find a correct wick.

It is scented Lemon Hunysuckle and I heard/read that LX wick is good for Palm wax so I have a LX 21 in there. I'm gonna try different sizes of LX. Haven't burned one yet to try. They are to awesome to burn!

That looks very pretty. I haven't made any for a long time. I don't like the way it burns. The first one I did was a hexagon and it burned down leaving a beautiful lacy shell. Its was scented with BCN Strawberry Jam. I thought that it would always do that....nope...it didn't. I guess that was beginners luck. If anyone has figured it out, let me know. I used up a case but haven't ordered it again. I really love the look of it. I tried all kinds of wicks and FO's but couldn't get that lacy first experiment. There is a candle company that sells them. I guess they figured out how to duplicate it. I couldn't. :embarasse Donita

So glad I could be of assistance. :highfive:

Congratulations on making such a beauty. What a beautiful shade of yellow ... puts me in mind of a banana bomb pop. ;)

Gotta test 'em to verify your relief holes were sufficient to make sure you weren't cursed w/ a horrible air pocket, or two, or three. Not to rain on your parade ... just saying .... :D

Looking forward to seeing more!!

Thanks for the positive comments. The candle is burning right now and I need to wick up. I have LX 21 I think in there, I'll jump up to the next size I have and try again. (24 mabey?)

My 84 year old Mother in law has to inspect every candle I make since she used to make candles during the war when her Hubby was in France. (I didn't know they had wax then...) :laugh2:

Anyway... She gives the palm wax a big smile.

Soja