Calling All Critics~Logo Feedback

Bruce its going on a number of different elements. :wink2:

For the aluminum bottles, clear PET jars with silver lids and white soap boxes its going on Crystal Clear Laser Labels. I did this before with my old logo and it looked divine. No question there.

I am still up in the air about the purple PET bottles. I want to tie in the "silver" with the purple. So its either going to be silver foil labels or a glossy label with either white or a soft pastel. I will experiment with this later this month and post pictures.

Thanks again everyone for your input.

I'm not digging the alternative logo. It lacks composition. The original is more interesting and dynamic. I'm not sure about that second butterfly on the right, and two different outlined fonts is a bit much. The URL should be taken out of the logo design - this is about your brand, not your website. That might free up some space for a better placement of "Luxury Bath and Body". Just a few thoughts offhand.

I think Top is on to something. I'm no expert but I think the first logo is more interesting. I also think just one butterfly on the left is enough to prevent distraction from your company name. I like the offset look of that butterfly. I guess I don't like things to look too put together. And like I had said...darkening your company name will also add power. :D JMO

-Good Luck! It must be fun to be at this point of the game where you can focus on catching the eye and advertising...have fun with it!

I'm not digging the alternative logo. It lacks composition. The original is more interesting and dynamic. I'm not sure about that second butterfly on the right, and two different outlined fonts is a bit much. The URL should be taken out of the logo design - this is about your brand, not your website. That might free up some space for a better placement of "Luxury Bath and Body". Just a few thoughts offhand.

I totally disagree here. A label is ALL about you...your product, and your website.

Terri, the second logo is awesome. And you know me, I dont like anything.:wink2:

I disagree with ya Kimberly. When you look at these:

http://www.oilofolay.com/

The logo is the chic. No more, no less. No words.

www.nike.com

The famous swoosh

A logo is just that, a logo. Not a website, not a phone number. It's a symbol. According to this and many websites, here's the book definition:

"Logo—The distinctive visual symbol for the brand that should represent its core values and attributes."

http://www.jhsph.edu/identity/glossary/glossary.shtml

However Bunny, This is a label. The logo is the butterfly. This is her label for a product. So, therefore, ALL information is needed.

I cant tell you how many people have contacted me from my phone # or email addy on my products that they have received as a gift or bought in a Fundraiser.

Got to get the repeat customers!

Oh, I definetely agree that contact info must be stated on the label. Not only is it the law, it just makes sense! But the website doesn't belong on the logo. You don't have your website listed on the front of your product do ya? It has a totally different place on the label. I could see these on a business card, but not as a "logo". I can see the set of butterflies around the mystical sexy with the first one as being the "logo".

Am I making any sense? And don't you start cussin me. lol!

Bunny does have a point. I have 2 seperate ~1 logo ~1 label, a logo is just that a logo only, and my label has all the info including all the info that actually goes on product. But I think mystical is using this as a label to go on her products.

My Label

sweetpealabel5yc.jpg

My Logo

image28wz.gif

Right.. And while that works for candles, it doesn't always for B&B. The principal display panel has to have the Name, Identity of Product, and Net Weight. The information panel on the back has to have directions for safe use, warnings, name and place of business and ingredients. By putting the website in the front, you're still going to have to double up on the back, unless you put all the information on one label.

Right.. And while that works for candles, it doesn't always for B&B. The principal display panel has to have the Name, Identity of Product, and Net Weight. The information panel on the back has to have directions for safe use, warnings, name and place of business and ingredients. By putting the website in the front, you're still going to have to double up on the back, unless you put all the information on one label.

LALALALALALA...I DONT HEAR YOU!:D :whistle:

I personally think the first is better...if it was toned down a bit. The name looks too much like a neon sign...maybe get rid of the outlines? The second one is too general...looks like everyone else's logos. The papyrus font is WAY overused these days. Just about everywhere I look...someone is using that font. Scriptina on the other hand is fairly new and you just don't see it that often.

I say go with the first one...it sets you apart from the rest. ;)

I personally think the first is better...if it was toned down a bit. The name looks too much like a neon sign...maybe get rid of the outlines? The second one is too general...looks like everyone else's logos. The papyrus font is WAY overused these days. Just about everywhere I look...someone is using that font. Scriptina on the other hand is fairly new and you just don't see it that often.

I say go with the first one...it sets you apart from the rest. ;)

I see Scriptina all the time.. in fact, I get as many requests for that font as I do Papyrus and Feltpoint. Papyrus is a classic, and everyone loves it. While a font CAN set a label apart, if the design is done well, the design itself will set the label apart regardless of what font is used. I'd be worried if I did text only labels/logos ;)

I LUV the 2nd one, it SINGS SEXY, just an AWESOME job Sharon!! I'm not sure about the "t" going into the butterfly though :undecided guess I'd have to see it both ways.

I like the site being on the front of the label in your face, its just one more way to advertise! AND that's the way society is going... even though I had a customer call today to order, and I asked him to use my site and he says, "OH yeah, I see it right here on the label", :confused: !!!!

I am torn. I like the first. With some color adjustment on the butterflies and some contrasting colors in the wings. Some placement adjustments it would be off the chain.

I do like PA's too though. I would add a second larger butterfly and put them on either side similar to the original and see if that wouldn't tickle your pickle.

I see Scriptina all the time.. in fact, I get as many requests for that font as I do Papyrus and Feltpoint. Papyrus is a classic, and everyone loves it. While a font CAN set a label apart, if the design is done well, the design itself will set the label apart regardless of what font is used. I'd be worried if I did text only labels/logos ;)

Yes, Scriptina is being used more and more these days (you are right), BUT not nearly as much as Papyrus. I wouldn't be worried at all about using "text only labels"...I personally use them and my candles set my products apart and are not overpowered by the label...which is how I want it to be. It all boils down to personal preference.