Need some advice quick

I was just asked to do alot of pillars and tapers, i will skip on the tapers. Whats the fastest way to make them? Candletechs instructions looks like too many steps? If it takes that long its not worth the time. 3x3 3x6 3x9 Standard sizes for now. Thanks, George

It's not worth the time.

I learn quickly. Wholesale doesn't help, I wholesale.:tiptoe:
Pillars are not something that you just "dish out" in a hurry. If the steps look to troublesome for you well it is. Not only does it take a long time to "master" a pillar, and produce a quality product worthy enough to be sold, but the process takes quite a long time in itself.

Hey if you just want to whip some out real quick and make some "Fast cash" go right ahead, but personally I would not be able to sleep at night if someones house burns down.

IMO like I said before, judging by your first post, you don't have the patience for it. Simple as that.

Don't know how you can sell something you have not even made yet. We all have to test every wax, wick and FO to come up with a compatable mix. What you are asking we ALL would like to know too. There is no simple answer to that question. You have to research and do your own testing.

Tess, dont jump to conclusions or assume anything. I didnt ask for that. There are more then one way to do everything, that was basically the question, if the steps are as they are posted here, then that is what it is. I know about testing, i wasnt born yesterday. Its slow season so i have till the end of the summer to get things right, is that enough time for you? Just hoping thats ok? Hmmm, Nothing of quality comes easy. Theres diff material for the molds so thats one question. ALUM VS STAINLESS ETC. Those who want to actually help can PM me. Thanks again.

I don't think there's any shortcut to making pillars. I pretty much need a full 24hrs from when I start to when I'm done for each one....and I make around 60 at a time...

Maybe if you are more particular in the TYPE of help you want, we can do that. There's a lot of information on this board, if you search with a few key words you should find a lot of tips regarding what you are looking for.

Tess, dont jump to conclusions or assume anything. I didnt ask for that. There are more then one way to do everything, that was basically the question, if the steps are as they are posted here, then that is what it is. I know about testing, i wasnt born yesterday. Its slow season so i have till the end of the summer to get things right, is that enough time for you? Just hoping thats ok? Hmmm, Nothing of quality comes easy. Theres diff material for the molds so thats one question. ALUM VS STAINLESS ETC. Those who want to actually help can PM me. Thanks again.

OH my bad... It thought the topic of your post was "Need some advice "quick"".

I did not jump to ANY conclusion besides what I read.

You clearly stated that CT's instructions look like to many, and you were looking for the fastest way to make them. You said "if it takes that long it is not worth the time" .

Yes it takes that long...

And we wonder why a lot of the seasoned chandlers don't like to answer questions anymore.....sigh :whistle:

Pretty much an attitude like your's George will keep quite a few from being willing to help you too much.

So here's my suggestion to you: Try it and decide for yourself. No point in giving out short cuts or tips or suggestions to someone who appears to be unappreciative of any advice given nor receptive to the logic behind it.

No one will be able to stop you from making and selling and selling before you've even made anything, but it's wrong of any us not to discourage your from putting the cart before the horse. You could probably harness a couple of scents and sizes in the next 3-5 months, but not unless you quit bickering on here and just get started.

Keep in mind there are people on here willing to help, but you're more likely to get help if you make an effort to "try" something out and quit acting like an unappreciative ass. So why don't you think about checking your attitude at the door before coming down on those who have responded.

There's no "quick" way to reach the end without cheating on something. I could careless that you have a whopping 3-5 months before you sell, because it doesn't look like you care enough to put out a quality product. Obviously making a sale before you know what you're doing is of more importance to you than it is to make a quality product and sell it for money.

Yep, all of us were new once, but I can guarantee you that several of us were never handed tips or tricks till we put forth an effort to learn. Demanding stuff and having an abbrassive approach sure wasn't exactly a sign of "Oh I simply must help this person."

Not all tips and tricks work for everyone. Try making your own first. Repeat about four times and see if you can think of things that would make "your" process go more smoothly. About four of the same sized pillar should give you enough to play around with some wicking.

But if you want to add some scent and color or alter things again, well try it all over again, from step one.

Surely, since you are already a wholesaler, you understand the value of a good reputation and you understand that a reputation starts to form based on an impression. And of course you know that impression makes an impact on marketing. And marketing is key to selling and selling is more than making a fast buck.

Did you spill your spice rack? I could also say the same for those who start making something and ask questions and then get jumped on from the likes? Remember how you started before you post nonsense.

I didn't say *I* was a seasoned chandler, I am not. I have only been making them for a year and a half. I know how I started, I read and read, bought some stuff, played around and asked questions about the things I didn't know or didn't understand and I learned. And I did it without an attitude. So yes, I remember how I started. I still come here for information and advice, and even give it on occaision when I can. But too many people that come in here with an attitude, towards someone who is just trying to help or offer advice, is why the experienced people don't want to help much anymore.

I was scared to open this thread. Is this just to get a reaction out of people so you can see how many chandlers are going to say something about you trying to do a quick turnaround on making pillars and then selling them? To test your products. With all the previous threads about thoroughly testing products before selling...I question the motive of this thread :angry2:

Or is this one of those thread that all replies should be...

Oh my that is great news. You could pour tonight and make yourself a "household" name by tomorrow..

:undecided

:tiptoe:

Candlewitch, when you find the perfect soy pillar wax, can you let me know what it is? Also what FO's throw best in that soy and best wicks? I'd like to add soy but I did not like what tried and I really don't feel like testing.

It would me much easier if you'd do it for me. :wink2:

e

Someone mentioned wick pins also, What people are still clueless about is the internet and how it may portray someone is a light that is way off. Quick buck? Who the hell said that? Quick fix? Never said that either. Its great when people assume the worst and then add their own words to what was never said before in the first place. Crazy. A question is a question is a question, attitude has nothing to do with a question, everyone types in a different manner and perceptions to what is written are all over the spectrum of actually reality. Take EUGENIA, she actually know alot and pokes alot of fun at me and others but i respect what she says. Thanks for answering Pam, at least you undertood what i was asking and didnt come off writing on how i was looking to cut quality and all that other nonsense spewed in such a short amount of time. Now, i have some food shopping to to do and will be back looking to put the horse in front of the carriage again. LOL

You know it is funny. In your first post, you seem to have agreed to make something for someone without knowing a clue about the product. That tells me that you are more concerned with the money than with the product. Anyone else who is actually concerned about the customers safety and that of their reputation, would not jump on a candle board, browse the instructions on a technique, and then post about how the there are too many steps, and is looking for any easier, quicker, way. To anyone reading that, It sounds like you are looking for an easier quicker way to get that product to the customer faster because when agreeing to the terms you were probably thinking "OH how hard can it be?" That is what I interpret, as do others who actually know a thing or two about what you are asking.

IF you had til the "summer" like you stated, Well why in such a hurry?

I can say that it really bugs me when people come off and start wanting answers without having even "Attempted" to make what they have already sold or promised, henceforth giving actual "seasoned" and experienced chandlers who have great products, a bad reputation. People like this who cause fires and kill people, because it was much easier to make cash than test a product, are the reason why the rest of us have to work so hard to compete with household commercial names.

SO, that said, What is that you want to hear? Yes you may have gotten some straight forward blunt answers that were not to your liking, but I have to say everyone who has responded, has made a point. You have been told pillars are not easy, Soy is not easy, consider buying wholesale from someone who has been doing pillars for a while, I would say that even though it is not the answers you wanted, they are absolutely your best choices at this point.

And if though it seems as we are some mean old seasoned hags, we are actually looking out for YOUR reputation and the safety of others as well. I'm sorry safety is a very important issue with me, and I do get touchy with it. But I would rather someone take me seriously than blow me off because I "sugar coated it".

First of all, I was asked if i can make someone pillars and tapers. I told them no but i would look into it and get back to them soon and that i was getting into pillars soon but they kind of forced me to do it sooner. Rushing? I asked for teqniques and steps, rushing knowledge is not a problem, maybe for you? Not sure of who you are but i am fully capable of learning and doing it right and getting all the facts asap is not a problem nor is it a so called SAFTEY issue but thanks for you concern. I test everything, who are you to think i dont test or that all im concerned about is money? All that being said, I havent made a pillar, nor the issues about all that goes into. So I should test and waste 5 monthes testing before i asked a few what they could add to make the process quicker? So maybe it will take me more than 5 months to get a safe, nice burning pillar, maybe 1 to 2 years. I do not know, hence why I started this thread.

Boy glad I didn't ask this question..... I got on here and have asked many questions, is that something that is not allowed anymore? Is there an easier way to make pillars?... What's wrong with saying you don't know of any? JMHO

Sharon there is nothing wrong with honest people genuinely wanting to learn, "learn" being the key-word here.

It is when people come on and are looking for shortcuts to hurry and get those candles made and out the door. It is when people complain that simple instructions "Are not worth their time". It is when people are in hurry and have no time to waste because they have been asked to make some candles that they have never made nor researched.

I have no problem whatsoever helping people who actually give a fllip about candlemaking. No one ever said anything about questions not being allowed. He asked a question and got opinions, so is that not allowed anymore either?