Surf and Turk Users...Advice Please

Fire, I ordered mine last year off of QVC.com and it was really affordable (free shipping I think too!)

Well I did a search on the site and it never came up and then I search myself and couldn't find it. I searchSurf and Turk Turkey Fryer and both times it came up empty.

I will need one of these soon as I just picked up another wholesale account today.:yay:

Fire:cool2: :tongue2:

Well I did a search on the site and it never came up and then I search myself and couldn't find it. I searchSurf and Turk Turkey Fryer and both times it came up empty.

I will need one of these soon as I just picked up another wholesale account today.:yay:

Fire:cool2: :tongue2:

Do a search on QVC under Masterbuilt ... It is $96 for the black one and $117.00 for the stainless steel.

That is how I got it to come up... HTH

ETS... I had the link posted, but it would not work...

• 5 weeks later...

OMG what did I ever do without one of these things??? We have both Bed Bath & Beyond and Linens & Things here. BB&B had the stainless version for $139, LT had the black one (still had the alum. inside) for $99 - it came to $84 w/20% off coupon. I probably say out loud how cool it is or how much I love it at least 12 times a day!!

I read several questions in some of the previous posts.

1. The unit comes with a lid. I keep it on all the time, unless adding wax. I have a thermometer suspended inside, and I can read it with the lid on. When the wax begins to melt, and the pool works to the surface, it will spout a little wax. It makes a spot about 2" in diameter on the lid, but it would seem like a lot more if you got hit with it.

2 The spigot could stand to be a little larger, to get the wax into the pour pot sooner, but that's a minor inconvenience that's far overshadowed by the other advantages.

As previously mentioned, pour melted wax into the unit to cover the coil before using it the first time. I've not had any problems with direct contact with the coil discoloring the wax or burning it, and there is no odor at all.

I'm sure if you buy one, you'll like it.

Fredron

At least 12 times a day...I LOVE MY TURKEY FRYER... It has a metal inside no more black flakes. The basket of the SS one is coated with the non stick but the tub that holds the wax is just shinny metal. I did a search for electric turkey fryers and a bunch came up. Penney's has them and you may get free shipping, if I get a code I'll post it. Also Penney's has them in their stores for $99. and they have been having cupons too. I saw the one at Penneys and it is the same as Linens n Things. These are the best and I wish I had listened to all the good things posted eariler. Why aren't you all using yours. Just ask away and we'll see if we can't get yours out of the box and melting...

Okay.. been using my Surf n Turk for a month or so.. I can't tell you how much I love it! My only problem is, I need a couple more to keep up with the pouring! Try it.. you will love it.. you must read everyones advice.. it really helped me out!

• 2 weeks later...

OK - are all electric turkey fryers the same? I had the opportunity to get a Masterbuilt (?) digital electric 28qt (?) fryer with a drain tap thingy... get this - $59!!!! It was on sale at the local farmer supply store (Fleet Farm for those in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area)... I hesitated because I wasn't sure if this was a good one to get (the name "Surf & Turk" stuck in my head!). Does anyone here have this one?? I'm sure it's going to go on sale again (if not on clearance) and I want one!!

Also, has anyone used these for a dipping tank for tapers?? Is the lid on to maintain heat or just to keep dust and stuff from getting in the wax?? I get so many requests for tapers and I just can't imagine paying $10-15 for a taper mold!

TIA for the advice...

Life & Light!

Tish