FO's and linger scent on hands???

Hello All, Could anyone tell me the best way to work with scented wax that you HAVE to handle so my hands dont have the lingering FO scent? I have washed my hands countless times and they still days later smell of the FO scent! Thank goodness I only have used ONE scent thus far! LOL Handling the candles that I am carving is the way that the transfer of scent is getting on my hands! Any ideas?? I do have some surgical gloves from previous medical needs that I am thinking about trying next time but not sure if they can withstand the warmth of the candles as I carve even though the candles arent all that warm! Suggestions??

Thanks,

OFCILynn:yay:

Find you a soaper that make a good coffee soap with real coffee it works everytime for me. I have one in every bathroom. Coffee soap will not only get rid of the FO smells on your hand but smells like onion, fish and a lot ofthe other really nasty smells from your kitchen.

Heh. I've told this story before, but it was before you got here, sooo...

When I first started, I was pouring a batch of rose scented candles.

Couple of days later, at work, I started smelling roses. The scent had gotten into my pores and when I started sweating, it was coming out.

Wow,this is great to know. I know coffee works for our nose's, why not our hands? Dustpuppy, I had the same thing happen to me with rose. Not my favorite scent at all!

I wonder of the method of Dawn dishwashing liquid and the stainless steel faucet would work? Works for onions and garlic!!!:P Maybe worth a try.

Handling the candles that I am carving is the way that the transfer of scent is getting on my hands

I don't understand this part of your question, if they are Cut - N - Carve candles. Why are you waisting scent in Cut - N - Carve candles. Those are made with pigmented dye and no FO and they get dipped in a clear coat. So why are you using scent in these?

Well SHEESH...who's FOs are you using anyway??? I just WISH I could find some that I could still smell after washing my handless "countless times" LOL

I would think that the Clorex Disinfectant Wipes would do the trick but if that doesn't work, there is always good 'ol Lava. ( Guess you can tell that I totally support the people that make hand lotions after using these products)

I just live with it. I don't mind going around smelling like one big candle, LOL.

Now see I don't mind either, except when people comment about my perfume and find out it's cuz I make candles. Now if I just knew what Candle Scent was in another language and how to pronounce it I would just say that instead.