Wal Mart-digital scale?

LynnS

Just a few weeks ago we were talking about digital scales but cannot find the post.I did go to Wal Mart and looked around.Didn't find in the scales oroffice/shipping supplies so husband asked.The saleslady took him to the food area and there was a digital scale and the only one she knew they had.Do I want that?????HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LynnS

Guest EMercier

Yea, That one should work. I'm happy to say I went on Ebay and got a digital scale for $12.50. I'm too cheap to pay lots for stuff. I'm only going to use it for soaps.

That is the one I use, it was about $30. It works for candle and soap stuff. It is not the greatest for shipping though becuase it will only go up to I think 5 lbs. I use an old baby scale to estimate wieght for shipping. Keep an eye on your battery too, it will start doing funky stuff when you are ready for a new one.

Yes Good Cook is the one I got.I better check and see how much it will weigh.SO far the biggest item and maybe the biggest I will be doing is the 16 ounce mason jar.Might go to a candle one size larger.Just haven't decided what jar I will be using for that.All other things are much lighter.Tarts, lotion, car fresheners etc.

LynnS

Your lucky they have them,,I have been using a food scale and I sooooo want a digital,,I have looked in the food, office supplies,,then I ask,,do you have digital scales? they say, Well we really dont know if we will carry them anymore:shocked2: . WHAT???? Okay time to visit Ebay;)

Breanna,

Found it where the food processors etc are.In that area.Husband asked and when we got over to look at them wasn't sure and didn't want to pay $30.00 till I was sure it would work.Come on here and it is what I was looking for.So I go back a few days later and look up and down those aisles.About ready to ask someone and found it.I guess I was looking for a larger box but it is small.Look in measuring cups etc also.About 3 aisles of cooking utensils.

I did find a mold for card shapes(hearts, clubs etc) but don't think I will need that.Like the heart molds at Target.They had heart molds too but a little more expensive than Target.

WOW I hope my Wal Mart won't quit carrying them.Also Breanna do you have any other Wal Marts near you?I have 4 different towns I can go to but this is the closest Wal Mart for me and it is a Super Center although smaller than some I have been to.Aisles are not as wide as some super stores.

LynnS

Breanna,

Believe me I looked about 3 times.First time I went by myself and looked in shipping/office supplies then regular scales.Second time with my husband (not sure if it was the one)and Third time a charm.There were only 3 a couple days ago so I hope they also keep them in stock.Just like the heart jars I haven't seen those in 2 months or the blue votive cups I WAS thinking about using have been out for 1 month.

Now Pet FOOD and People FOOD is always in stock. That's a good thing.:)

LynnS

Someone step in here & correct me if I'm wrong......

28.5 grams = 1 oz

30 mililiters = 1 oz liquid

There is a chart for measuring ml. called Handy Kitchen Measuring on the Candlemakers Store website

It appears there is only a slight difference in a ml. and a gram.

My digital scale from Walmart only measures grams and pounds/oz