If I should decide...

To buy wax in your country, which suppliers would you suggest?

I make rustic and non rustic pillars, the wax I find here it's ok but I can't buy it in large quantity...

Also I like hurricanes. So I need an high MP paraffin.

I would like to try palm wax, but it's not a priority.

If you could give me some name (good stuff-good price!) I will check by myself.

TIA

It might be advantageous to get your stuff shipped from the East Coast. CandleScience is the best supplier IMO and will ship internationally. However, for mottles, rustics and hurricanes I think you can get more useful grades of paraffin from Candlewic or Early American Candle Supplies if they will ship to you. I'm not sure they will.

Thank you.

What wax I'd better to start with?

Pillar Blend-IGI 4625 is the right choicie for pillars/rustic?

Or should I go with plain paraffin + some additives?

I like to use plain paraffin and add what I want to it. BUT I'm one of the few that like to do that. Everyone has thier preferences.

Also, I'd be looking closer to home, if I were you. Wax is HEAVY. Shipping to Europe is gonna eat you alive.

Seems like we used to have one person here, who was from Greece, 4 or 5 who are in UK. I'm hoping they will chime in with some info on suppliers closer to you.

You are right.

I would stay happily closer to home, but I have no choice.

It comes that paying shipping + cost of wax is almost the same thing as if I go to the nearer store and buy.

And in the store I find poor quality waxes, or just one type of wax..

I read candlewic site. 5 pounds of palm wax cost about $4.

If I want to buy it in italy I have to pay $12 for 1 pound, plus $9.5 for shipping.

If you were me what do you think you can do?

Anyway I'm thinking of every options I could have, I have a lot of sheets full of calculations.

Thanks to all, tomorrow I'll look at every site you mentioned!

Also, I'd be looking closer to home, if I were you. Wax is HEAVY. Shipping to Europe is gonna eat you alive.

Have you tried looking for suppliers in europe or somewhere slightly closer to Italy?

I've been searching the net for european supplies are I haven't found much but for instance try looking here...

http://www.exagon.ch/

It looks like you can buy 25kg to 50kg of paraffin and they have additives and you could do it that way.

I'll see if I can find more. Maybe this will help some.

Thanks,

this is not bad, the problem is always the same.

I read everyday thsi board and learned a lot, MP of waxes, usage of any type of waxes..

If you read that site they don't tell you what is MP for example, they have only one type of paraffin wax.

I don't want to repeat the bad experience I had with a local supplier. He sell waxes saying "has this MP, fragrance load is.." then when the boxes arrive at home I find out is totally wrong. I have to write him telling what the wax he sells is doing. And he never has an answer for me.

The last bad experience is fully detailed in the veg. wax forum.

I want to trust people I buy from.

I want to be sure that what I read and order is exactly what I get.

I have 4 pounds of an unknown wax. So I don't know how can I use it. It's no good for rustics, not good for hurricane..

I'm going mad!

Have you tried looking for suppliers in europe or somewhere slightly closer to Italy?

I've been searching the net for european supplies are I haven't found much but for instance try looking here...

http://www.exagon.ch/

It looks like you can buy 25kg to 50kg of paraffin and they have additives and you could do it that way.

I'll see if I can find more. Maybe this will help some.

I also use Candlescience, I live 5 minutes from them. THey are a great company, never had any problems. I would love to try peaks but hate to pay shipping when I pick my orders up here. Candlescience btw is located near Raleigh, NC. I would check around on prices and see who can give you the best rates.

Many thanks!

I'm waiting an answer from candlewic, candlescience and IGI.

Thanks to all for your help!

I also use Candlescience, I live 5 minutes from them. THey are a great company, never had any problems. I would love to try peaks but hate to pay shipping when I pick my orders up here. Candlescience btw is located near Raleigh, NC. I would check around on prices and see who can give you the best rates.