CraftServer Fragrances: The Summer Romance Collection samples are HERE!

TallTayl

Christmas just keeps on coming this month.  I made time to speak with another of my friendly reps at Lab #4 to explain how bored I/WE are with the same old same old fragrances. We want something sophisticated to elevate our products and stand out among a sea of similarity. Well friends, she delivered! 

The Summer Romance Collection contains 8 fragrances that are sexy, sophisticated and all around some of the most complex blends I've smelled lately. Throw out all notions of run of the mill blends with this set.

1) Gala Nights: Top Notes: Violet, Coriander, Bergamot, Middle Notes: Rose, Pepper, Lily of the Valley, Bottom Notes: Patchouli Ambergris.

Slip on your little black dress, best Minolo's and a spray of this scent. Walk the red carpet in style with this sexy blend.

2) Dusted Sheets: Top Notes: Geranium, Hyacinth, Middle Notes: Rose, Bottom Notes: Orris Root, Oud Wood, Patchouli, Sandalwood.

The opening notes are powder, though not a baby powder.  This powder is the expensive boutique dusting powder that is applied with a fluffy puff. Dust your bedsheets and settle in for a comfy night enveloped in luxurious style.

3) Neon Flowers: Top Notes: Bergamot,  Apple, Freesia, Middle Notes: Pomegranate, Berries WaterLilies, Jasmine, Bottom Notes: Amber, Vanilla.

This crossover between fruit and floral hits all of the high notes. Each sniff brings out a different element. It's how I imagine bees see the flowers with a ultraviolet spectrum of flavor.

4) Up Close: Top Notes: Tuberose, Narcissus, Middle Notes: Jasmine, Orris, Bottom Notes: Musk, Ambergris, Heliotrope, Vanilla.

You just met an exotic stranger in a cafe. A little light chat leads to close up conversation. This fragrance wants to pull you in close to smell more.

5) Perfect Pear: Top Notes: Pear, Middle Notes: heliotrope, fig, Bottom Notes: Cedar, Smoke, Ambergris, Incense, Leather.

This juicy fragrance opens with a freshly cut pear with the juice dripping from the knife. Then you can smell the magic of cooking the pear on a wood fired grill. The heat intensifies the sweetness of the pear while adding the slightly smoky caramelized aroma. 

6) Gentle Man: Top Notes: Sage, Tea,  Middle Notes: Vanilla, Tobacco, Bottom Notes: Hay, Amber, Cinnamon, Ginger, Caramel, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Warm and inviting, this exotic take on vanilla features bourbon and warm spices. Sit on the veranda as the sun sets awakening the senses for an exciting evening ahead.

7) Exhilaration: Top Notes: Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Middle Notes: Melon, Sage, Bottom Notes: Cedar, Coconut.

Book that spa appointment. Put on that fluffy robe. Enlighten your senses to pure exhilaration.

8 ) Mesmerize: Top Notes: Raspberry, Lemon,Jasmine, Middle Notes: Vanilla, Plum, Orchid,  Neroli, Bottom Notes: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Musk, Amber, heart Woods.

This is a modern take of vanilla reinvented. The notes are warm, spicy and seductive. It could be called a "dirty" vanilla, which juxtaposes against typical cloying bakery vanilla. 

All of these fragrances have blended on my hands as I sniff and re-sniff. I'm in summer romance heaven right in my studio.

I have a limited number of sniffies available. Send a PM if you'd like a set.

I can see myself buying nearly all of these if they work well in my waxes.  I DO NOT yet have IFRA. I have requested them and will test in soap, etc. if they are safe to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 6/11/2023 at 4:06 PM, TallTayl said:

Christmas just keeps on coming this month.  I made time to speak with another of my friendly reps at Lab #4 to explain how bored I/WE are with the same old same old fragrances. We want something sophisticated to elevate our products and stand out among a sea of similarity. Well friends, she delivered! 

The Summer Romance Collection contains 8 fragrances that are sexy, sophisticated and all around some of the most complex blends I've smelled lately. Throw out all notions of run of the mill blends with this set.

1) Gala Nights: Top Notes: Violet, Coriander, Bergamot, Middle Notes: Rose, Pepper, Lily of the Valley, Bottom Notes: Patchouli Ambergris.

Slip on your little black dress, best Minolo's and a spray of this scent. Walk the red carpet in style with this sexy blend.

2) Dusted Sheets: Top Notes: Geranium, Hyacinth, Middle Notes: Rose, Bottom Notes: Orris Root, Oud Wood, Patchouli, Sandalwood.

The opening notes are powder, though not a baby powder.  This powder is the expensive boutique dusting powder that is applied with a fluffy puff. Dust your bedsheets and settle in for a comfy night enveloped in luxurious style.

3) Neon Flowers: Top Notes: Bergamot,  Apple, Freesia, Middle Notes: Pomegranate, Berries WaterLilies, Jasmine, Bottom Notes: Amber, Vanilla.

This crossover between fruit and floral hits all of the high notes. Each sniff brings out a different element. It's how I imagine bees see the flowers with a ultraviolet spectrum of flavor.

4) Up Close: Top Notes: Tuberose, Narcissus, Middle Notes: Jasmine, Orris, Bottom Notes: Musk, Ambergris, Heliotrope, Vanilla.

You just met an exotic stranger in a cafe. A little light chat leads to close up conversation. This fragrance wants to pull you in close to smell more.

5) Perfect Pear: Top Notes: Pear, Middle Notes: heliotrope, fig, Bottom Notes: Cedar, Smoke, Ambergris, Incense, Leather.

This juicy fragrance opens with a freshly cut pear with the juice dripping from the knife. Then you can smell the magic of cooking the pear on a wood fired grill. The heat intensifies the sweetness of the pear while adding the slightly smoky caramelized aroma. 

6) Gentle Man: Top Notes: Sage, Tea,  Middle Notes: Vanilla, Tobacco, Bottom Notes: Hay, Amber, Cinnamon, Ginger, Caramel, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Warm and inviting, this exotic take on vanilla features bourbon and warm spices. Sit on the veranda as the sun sets awakening the senses for an exciting evening ahead.

7) Exhilaration: Top Notes: Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Middle Notes: Melon, Sage, Bottom Notes: Cedar, Coconut.

Book that spa appointment. Put on that fluffy robe. Enlighten your senses to pure exhilaration.

8 ) Mesmerize: Top Notes: Raspberry, Lemon,Jasmine, Middle Notes: Vanilla, Plum, Orchid,  Neroli, Bottom Notes: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Musk, Amber, heart Woods.

This is a modern take of vanilla reinvented. The notes are warm, spicy and seductive. It could be called a "dirty" vanilla, which juxtaposes against typical cloying bakery vanilla. 

All of these fragrances have blended on my hands as I sniff and re-sniff. I'm in summer romance heaven right in my studio.

I have a limited number of sniffies available. Send a PM if you'd like a set.

I can see myself buying nearly all of these if they work well in my waxes.  I DO NOT yet have IFRA. I have requested them and will test in soap, etc. if they are safe to do so.

Wow! These all sound amazing!!

WOW!  I just got my sniffies in the mail and wasted no time sniffing them. This set is AMAZING!  Definitely my style. They all smell very high end. The first one I opened without looking was dusted sheets. SO GOOD!  It reminds me of Baccarat Rouge 540 that Scent Memory makes a dupe of, which is not to say it smells like that. It just seems like it's in the same class as that. Basically I really liked them all except for Mesmerize. Maybe my nose is tired but I just don't smell a lot from that one. And personally I'm not a pear fan so I didn't love Perfect Pear BUT I do think it has some depth to it which makes it a very good pear. I would consider carrying it for customers that do like pear. I'd also be curious to know how it does in wax.   Neon Flowers also isn't quite my style but when I would smell it without looking it would grow on me and I think blending it with something like Porter Candles Smoked Brandy Leather would be amazing.  I was really impressed with these. I know that the original intent was for candle specific FOs but I do like mine to be good for soaps as well. If & when there is IFRA data available for these and if possible CA Prop 65 info I would be grateful for that.   As I'm typing I keep smelling "Exhilaration" that touched my nose. It's so nice!  Thank you @TallTayl. These were great!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milk Machine said:

WOW!  I just got my sniffies in the mail and wasted no time sniffing them. This set is AMAZING!  Definitely my style. They all smell very high end. The first one I opened without looking was dusted sheets. SO GOOD!  It reminds me of Baccarat Rouge 540 that Scent Memory makes a dupe of, which is not to say it smells like that. It just seems like it's in the same class as that. Basically I really liked them all except for Mesmerize. Maybe my nose is tired but I just don't smell a lot from that one. And personally I'm not a pear fan so I didn't love Perfect Pear BUT I do think it has some depth to it which makes it a very good pear. I would consider carrying it for customers that do like pear. I'd also be curious to know how it does in wax.   Neon Flowers also isn't quite my style but when I would smell it without looking it would grow on me and I think blending it with something like Porter Candles Smoked Brandy Leather would be amazing.  I was really impressed with these. I know that the original intent was for candle specific FOs but I do like mine to be good for soaps as well. If & when there is IFRA data available for these and if possible CA Prop 65 info I would be grateful for that.   As I'm typing I keep smelling "Exhilaration" that touched my nose. It's so nice!  Thank you @TallTayl. These were great!!

I called the rep this morning as a follow up about the set with a whole list of questions.  The fragrances are made in two versions, one specifically for candles (which she sent) and one for b&b specifically.  Before putting them into wax I wanted to be sure these were the candle version. I can count how many times I’ve put a fragrance from a perfumer into wax to discover it would not burn because it used DPG or similar as the diluent. 😣 since these are the candle set, I’m going to put them all into some coco83:sp487.  She suggests 6-8% as their typical range.  I typically use 8% but wonder if the strength of these will be so strong we will taste it in the air.  It’s a gross sensation when that happens.

I requested IFRA and pricing  for all last week and they are on the way.  While speaking with her, the perfumer indicated the set we have could be used in soap, but I’ll wait for the IFRA before testing further since the limits may be too low to consider. They’re usually pretty quick with technical documents.

do smell mesmerize later when your nose recovers.  It is a unique take on vanilla, which if you smelled it last, might seem to subtle after the other powerhouses. 

funny you mentioned the dusted sheets,  I am die hard No powder.  This isn’t that baby powder, though, so I really ended up liking it. This old dog can learn to like new things. 

• Like 2

OH. MY. GOODNESS.  Just opened my sniffies and these are all absolutely amazing.  They smell so luxurious.  I have a different favorite every time I go back to them...even the ones I didn't think I would like based on the descriptions (perfect pair and dusted sheets) have me coming back for more!

• Like 1

Just now, jmspgh said:

OH. MY. GOODNESS.  Just opened my sniffies and these are all absolutely amazing.  They smell so luxurious.  I have a different favorite every time I go back to them...even the ones I didn't think I would like based on the descriptions (perfect pair and dusted sheets) have me coming back for more!

I can see us getting the whole set over time. Maybe hit the most seasonal first, along with the farmers market hits? Get to pinion in time for winter holidays?

I hesitate to mention I got ANOTHER 10 or so the other day unannounced… I’m tired thinking of the testing… 😀

AND

the ifras on the summer romance set are in.  Most are body safe to normal usage rates.  Many will only need maybe 2-3% in cp.  I’ll test at the low end first.  The rep recommends testing her fragrances at 2% in soap and 6% in candles. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for the sniffies!

My thoughts:

Gala Nights - I LOVE this and would love it in a perfume.  It smells so sexy without any heavy notes. I would use it in wax melts, room/linen spray and all things body (if I made body products).

Neon Flowers is so pretty! It's the perfect balance of floral and fruity.  I would use it in everything. It would make the perfect spring/summer scent and be a great blender.

Exhilaration would be great in a candle, as well as a room/linen spray.  This smells clean and fresh and slightly earthy. Definite spa vibes.

I like Mesmerize, but it was a little on the light side for me.  I put it in my warmer and it was still light.  I think it would make a great blender. 

I was not a fan of Dusted Sheets.  It was really powdery which isn't my thing.  However, when I put it next to Mesmerize it was really nice.

Perfect Pear is very different from any other pear I have smelled.  You can smell the pear with a hint of smoke.  It's nice and would make a fun scent to blend, but I probably wouldn't purchase it.

Gentle Man.  I am not sure how I feel about this.  I keep getting anise?  I put it on my warmer to see if it would pull out other notes but it wasn't a favorite. I really wanted to smell the tobacco and vanilla notes but I just didn't.

Up Close. I think there is something wrong with my nose because I feel like I only got minty vibes which weren't in the notes at all.  It was my least favorite of the set.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...