Frosted Metro Jars Question

Brenda (OH)

I am currently testing the frosted metro jars and I LOVE the looks of this jar :yay: My dilema is they are so pretty without any labels on them and I am at a loss as to whether or not to label at all. I don't much care for hang tags so I would rather not go that route. Would it be against the norm to just have my product info on the bottom warning label and leave them plain? I have played around with colored string and charms and they really look pretty but is time consuming. I guess my concern would be my company info isn't in clear view for re-orders. Any suggestions?

This is a picture of the jar before pouring . . . It was quicker than getting my camera out. The empty jar doesn't do much justice to the beauty after poured but gives you an idea as to what I am talking about. I think some suppliers call them status jars too.

Metro_frosted_small.jpg

I am testing the non-frosted ones and LOVE the way the look and the fact that they are much easier to wick than some other jars (ahem, balmoral). I think it would be just fine to use a label on the bottom with your info and the scent name on it. It wouldn't detract from the jar, but would give the customer the necessary information.

What about having a warning label on the bottom and your business info on the lid?

I have considered that . . I have on hand the 2.5" round in white and kraft. I could play around to see if I can come up with something appealing. I just don't know . . .even the lid is pretty :D

I was thinking that maybe a clear label on the lid might work but I don't want to buy them if they detract from the jar. (Call me cheap :P )

I am testing the non-frosted ones and LOVE the way the look and the fact that they are much easier to wick than some other jars (ahem, balmoral). I think it would be just fine to use a label on the bottom with your info and the scent name on it. It wouldn't detract from the jar, but would give the customer the necessary information.

I feel much better now knowing that I am not alone in thinking how nice these jars look without any outside labels, and that you also agree. I was torn between picking the frosted and the clear. Chose the frosted since they are unique to my area. I can only imagine how pretty the clear ones would be.

And yes, THEY ARE EASY TO WICK :yay:

Hi,

I am testing the clear glass ones and also love them. They are classy looking and easy to wick. I am most likely going to use wire and charms or something like this. They are pretty alone but to me it still looks like it needs something. I have seen them with circlular labels on the lids and left plain on the body and I have also seen them with a label on top along with something decorative tied around the body.

~Holly

Those are beautiful, and a totally different jar than I was thinking of. Can you get a clear round label for the top? I think they are classy too, but IMO, I think a nicely and simply done hangtag would make it look exquisite, high end and top of the line.

I am going to use a narrow ribbon around the "neck" of the jar ( but wide enough to have the name professionally printed on the ribbon) The ribbon will not be so wide that it shows below the fill line of the wax. It will actually take the space between the fill line and the bottom of the lid.

I hope that makes sense. I have it figured out in my head. I saw some ribbon that had been printed on that was exceptionally nice.

Simple and elegant...just like the jar. I LOVE these jars. They are the first readily available jar to come around that has the look I LOVE!

I am going to use a narrow ribbon around the "neck" of the jar ( but wide enough to have the name professionally printed on the ribbon) The ribbon will not be so wide that it shows below the fill line of the wax. It will actually take the space between the fill line and the bottom of the lid.

I hope that makes sense. I have it figured out in my head. I saw some ribbon that had been printed on that was exceptionally nice.

Simple and elegant...just like the jar. I LOVE these jars. They are the first readily available jar to come around that has the look I LOVE!

Wow, that's a great idea. I think it would be beautiful. I love these jars too and now that Candles and Supplies and Jarstore carry them, it's feasible to add them to my line.

That is a wonderful idea . . where did you find a place to professionally print on the ribbon? and how would you affix it to the jar? Sorry if it is a dumb question.

Love those jars, and looks like you've gotten some great ideas for how to label yours. ;)

I'm wondering do these only come in the 2 sizes I saw at the Jar Store? (8 & 12oz)

I'd like to use these also, but I would like to have a smaller jar (like maybe 4-6oz) for those people who are looking for something less expensive (you know those "cheap" peeps?? LOL).

I've looked but the only places I've seen have the 8 and 12 oz. sizes and that's it. :(

Sorry to hijack your post.

Love those jars, and looks like you've gotten some great ideas for how to label yours. ;)

I'm wondering do these only come in the 2 sizes I saw at the Jar Store? (8 & 12oz)

I'd like to use these also, but I would like to have a smaller jar (like maybe 4-6oz) for those people who are looking for something less expensive (you know those "cheap" peeps?? LOL).

I've looked but the only places I've seen have the 8 and 12 oz. sizes and that's it. :(

Cheep Peeps, LOL!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I've never seen a smaller size jar, but it would be nice to offer one. Something in between that size and a votive would certainly sell well for me. I have a few cheep peeps myself, lol.

Michi - Yes I have got some great ideas on how to label or shall I say "not label" these jars :laugh2: A heartfelt THANKS to everyone who has replied :bow:

I got my jars from FancyCandleJars.com. They too only offer the 8 oz and the 12 oz size. The 12 oz only holds about 9 oz of wax in order to be able to get the lid on. I didn't get the 8 oz size but am thinking maybe it would only hold about 6 oz of wax? Maybe someone else can chime in and say for sure. I am thinking it may be worth getting a couple samples to test. I am pleased with their prices, quality, and customer service. It may be worth a try for ya.