Looking for Crafter’s Choice recommendations

Forrest

I’m looking for anyone that could give me Crafter’s Choice FO recommendations for use in candles. Wholesale supply Plus has 1235 FOs, most of them are Crafter’s Choice. The ratings and reviews are useless because 98% of them are from people making soap. To make matters worse the cost limits the number of FOs I can buy just to try out. I don’t expect that because an FO works for someone else that it will work for me. I would just like to know that someone put the FO in wax and it worked for them.

I keep a couple around from there. Oakmoss Sandalwood is lovely. The eucalyptus spearmint throws well for me in most waxes, I just wish I liked it. 

I have to wick swap a lot to dial in. And never pay full price. Wait for those sales that come up once a month or so. 

• Thanks 1

I use C-1 soy but use to use 464.  Nice hot throw from their Vanilla Bean Noel, Coconut Lime Verbena, Freezia. Love the Jelly Donut but could never get a hot throw from it.  Expensive so won't order unless there is a sale.  Are you looking at any fragrances in particular?

GoldieMN

• Thanks 1

I have very limited experience but I've only found a couple Crafter's Choice oils that I like in candles: Blooming Tulips (perfect for early spring) and Dune Grass (Yankee dupe).

Others I suppose work fine in candles but I just don't like the scent (Frasier Fir) or they seem like they'd be better as a mixer or in soap or b&b products (Bourbon Cypress & Tabac, Burmese Wood, Charcoal & Shaved Cedar).  I think a lot of people on Craftserver like their Vanilla Bean Noel, but I can't get it to work well for me.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Suede & Tabac, Caribbean Escape, Bamboo Sugarcane, Santa’s Pipe, Vanilla Bean Noel. All those are strong in multiple types of wax. Their Gardenia is strong but it’s not my favorite gardenia.I also like the Lime Margarita.

Thanks, I think my wife would like Caribbean Escape and Lime Margarita. Suede & Tabac sounds like something I would like

• Like 1

• 1 month later...