Lampe Berger - Wow! What a neat concept

While searching oil lamps, Lampe Berger came up. Just watched this video, which describes how it works.  You fill the cute bottle with their alcohol based perfumery, light for just 2 minutes and diffuse for just 20 minutes.

Has anyone tried this brand? What did you think?

Well, first off,  lamp berjay  sounds a lot better than what I read as lamb burger, lol!    That flame was kinda big and scary, but it really looks interesting.  I wonder if it really does what it says?   

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, franu61 said:

Well, first off,  lamp berjay  sounds a lot better than what I read as lamb burger, lol!    That flame was kinda big and scary, but it really looks interesting.  I wonder if it really does what it says?   

It looks like the beginnings of a McCall’s or similar candle. But it only lights for two minutes and then you blow it out.

As far as if it works? I’ll know when mine arrives. I just ordered one.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

It looks like the beginnings of a McCall’s or similar candle. But it only lights for two minutes and then you blow it out.

As far as if it works? I’ll know when mine arrives. I just ordered one.

Oh good!  Please let me know.

1 hour ago, NightLight said:

I had some for awhile but they are highly flammable. IMHO more dangerous than candle if you tip over fuel. They do have some nice designs for containers. The beginning flame is quite tall fyi, that’s why I’m not a huge fan

I watched several videos, and agree about the potential danger and tall flame.  The saving grace is you light it for 2 minutes, just enough to heat the ceramic top, then blow it out. The retained heat of the ceramic is supposed to continue throwing the fragrance.  It’s alcohol based, so should not take much at all to get that scent into the room. 

I guess it’s a fancy room spray you jet with fire 🔥 

Im still looking to perfect an oil lamp.  Fell in love with them decades ago when I received one of these Wolfard styles as a gift.

3892B77A-6FD1-4E40-A3EF-C33DB786F967.jpeg

my dream is a scented sunflower oil that burns just as pretty. 

I have a rock candle too.  It’s cool for outside or inside with the right fuel.

DBE28EFC-74F4-4465-AC9E-12F0818D7DC6.jpeg.

• Like 2

She’s here ❤️
ups delivered to the neighbor, but she found her way home.

Packaging.  I can see how this would be cute on a retail shelf. The bubble wrap was essential to ship as it was pretty loose in the special box.

40E989F9-7335-428A-A3AA-F257AE5FC5F7.jpeg

unboxed.

894A5413-2C8E-472E-B8AF-D026C017CB85.jpeg

instructions in multiple languages. This is first page set only.

79EB8778-C5D3-4399-8AB4-C6D9C9457A76.jpeg

filled with maiden voyage fluid.  It smelled strongly of isopropyl alcohol on first sniff.  It took a few minutes to smell any scent from the bottle. my poor nose.

386CC574-EE11-442C-8188-2288EAC39697.jpeg386CC574-EE11-442C-8188-2288EAC39697.jpeg

now we wait the 20 mins to prime the wick.

F51454D8-BB6A-4BA4-A845-9BEB7FCDDFA5.jpeg

• Like 1

Well, I lit it and lived to write about it.  A video is uploading to YouTube now.

why is it that the little girlie doggo always wants attention when the video camera is rolling? You can hear her breathing as I try desperately to keep her quiet as it filmed.  I guess I’ll edit in some music or something 😂

41 minutes ago, pcbrook said:

Thanks for posting!  The flame is large at first but it calms down after a little bit.  Interesting!  I might try one myself.  

It only stays lit long enough to heat that stone, 2 minutes max, so completely do-able.  As long as the fuel stays inside I’m aok with it. My mind keeps repeating that it is a molitov cocktail so be careful 😂

The stone stays hot for a long time. I removed the crown to replace the cap to “shut it off”  after about 20 minutes or so and it was toasty. Up until I capped it that scent was potent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I went the cheap way and found one on Ebay to try out.  I was actually impressed with it.  I have not tried it in a larger room yet but when I had it in the bedroom I could smell it out in my living room.  

• Like 1