Lampe Berger - Wow! What a neat concept

1 hour ago, pcbrook said:

So I went the cheap way and found one on Ebay to try out.  I was actually impressed with it.  I have not tried it in a larger room yet but when I had it in the bedroom I could smell it out in my living room.  

Pretty neat, isn’t it? The fuel is so light it travels pure and far. The one in my dining area wafts several rooms away. 

now to figure out how to blend the alcohol based fuel. Supposedly the alcohol is an odor neutralizer.  At least the French inventor claims such. 

I did add a little tangerine EO to the “tonic lemon” that came with mine.  Several drops was all it took to make a big difference. Imagine that?!? No 10%-12%+ to get amazing room filling scent.  

18 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Several drops was all it took to make a big difference. Imagine that?!? No 10%-12%+ to get amazing room filling scent.  

That's what I was so impressed with.  Only a few drops of FO and away you go!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NightLight said:

You can make your own fuel easily. It 91 per cent isopropyl alcohol with about 1/4 tsp fragrance oil. Add too much and it clogs the stone.

Although I like the concept I still smell the alcohol burning. My nose is very sensitive.

The docs I’ve seen posted include alcohol, water and fragrance.  Could they be using 70% iso?

10 hours ago, TallTayl said:

The docs I’ve seen posted include alcohol, water and fragrance.  Could they be using 70% iso?

No it has to be 91% alcohol.  This is the video I watched and I just followed his directions.  But I used FO instead.  About 20 drops.

Edited by pcbrook

1 hour ago, pcbrook said:

No it has to be 91% alcohol.  This is the video I watched and I just followed his directions.  But I used FO instead.  About 20 drops.

I came across that vid too, but viewed with a fair amount of skepticism.  You tried it and it worked? Well wooooohoooo! I will give it a try when I run this one out. What scent did you try? Did it throw as purely as you hoped?

ive seen the catalytic discs online - most come with reviews that range from excellent to “you will die”, so I resist. 

It did work!  I was a little hesitant to try it because there were some people that said it wasn't safe but did it anyway!  I really watched closely at first to make sure nothing exploded! LOL!  

I just used a sample I bought to test in my candles.  It was Salted Caramel Liqueur from RE so I can't compare to a candle as far as strength, etc.  It did throw pure.  Last night I lit it in our large living room/dining/kitchen area and did not seem as strong as in the bedroom but you could still notice it if you tried.  If that makes sense.  

I want to try a FO I am familiar with next to compare the candles.  

Edited by pcbrook
  • Like 1

So I tried again yesterday with an FO I always use in candles to compare.  I used 20 drops and filled with a little over half with alcohol.  I could smell the FO but I also notice a lot if the alcohol scent mixed in with the FO.  It almost over powered the FO.  So I am guessing I should add more FO to it??  

My lampe holds about 4 ounces but I don’t fill to top. Maybe 3/4 ounce. For this amount I use 1/4 tsp fragrance. You can try more but if you lamp isn’t lighting you have too much fragrance. If it happens dump out, soak wick stone in 91 alc, then redo fragrance nd alc insert wick and light.

8 minutes ago, NightLight said:

My lampe holds about 4 ounces but I don’t fill to top. Maybe 3/4 ounce. For this amount I use 1/4 tsp fragrance. You can try more but if you lamp isn’t lighting you have too much fragrance. If it happens dump out, soak wick stone in 91 alc, then redo fragrance nd alc insert wick and light.

Thank you for the help.  I did notice it took a while to get it lit yesterday.   I will give it another try with this FO and see what happens.