Question about Peaks FO

ebarnes

Peaks states that you can use 1/2 the recommended amount of FO for a strong throw. Whats has been you experience with this? I made a caramel apple 16oz jar (peaks 1oz per lb) and the throw was perfect. I also made a Van Hazelnut (peaks 1.25oz per lb) and the same for a 16oz Gardenia. They were perfect!!!! Almost to strong, I dont like testing so Im calling on you'll for advice, then I will test.

What scents (from Peaks) have you used and how was the throw?

i love peak's fo's, most of them are really strong for me at 1oz pp or sometimes less. but you shouldn't rely on the opinions of others to replace your own testing ;). 1oz pp is where i usually start with most fo's, and i either go up or down from there.

I've never used more than 1oz. pp with any of the Peak's FOs I've used.

I like really strong candles, so I have never tried using less than 1oz. pp and yet I've never used more than that, so they must be pretty strong. ;)

Now some other suppliers that I love I've still had to use up 1.5oz pp on some FOs to get that "strong" smell I like.

Sarah is right though, we can give you guidlines but everyone's tastes (sniffers) are different, and my "strong" may be your medium throw or visa versa KWIM? ;)

I've never used more than 1oz. pp with any of the Peak's FOs I've used.

I like really strong candles, so I have never tried using less than 1oz. pp and yet I've never used more than that, so they must be pretty strong. ;)

Now some other suppliers that I love I've still had to use up 1.5oz pp on some FOs to get that "strong" smell I like.

Sarah is right though, we can give you guidlines but everyone's tastes (sniffers) are different, and my "strong" may be your medium throw or visa versa KWIM? ;)

I like them strong also, my concern in COST!!!!! I have used other FO (MUCH CHEAPER) but they SUCKED!!!!! You get what you pay for, I will stick with Peaks.

Do any of you use Peak's Lavendar? If so, do you usually just 1 oz per poundor less. I think on the Peak's site it says 1/4 pp.

Unless you REALLY want to become relaxed, don't use the 1 oz lol! I just did this one and it's quite strong at 1 oz ... try it at .5 oz and go down from there to find your liking.

ebarnes I try all my FOs out at 1 oz ... well except for a few like eucalyptus (and I knew NOT to pour Lavender at 1 oz, but I did it anyway) ... so there are some that don't require even an oz. in their lineup.
wish someone had warned me about the eucalyptus!! I used at 1 oz and it was like my whole house was doused in vap o rub or something:shocked2:

Do any of you use Peak's Lavendar? If so, do you usually just 1 oz per poundor less. I think on the Peak's site it says 1/4 pp.
Yes, this is correct. 1/4 - 1/2 oz per lb is what they recommend. It's very strong and you don't want to use more than 1/2 oz or it will be too much.

In general, Peak's FOs are strong and most of them have recommended usage of 1/2 - 1 oz per lb. I usually use somewhere in the middle of this range. I've found that by putting more, it doesn't make it smell any stronger, you're just wasting your FO.

Lavender is the only one I've tried that i can use less than 6%. However, I have never needed more than 6% with the rest of my Peak FOs. I also havent tried Eucalyptus or Lilac. But you really have to try them for yoursel and see what % you feel comfortable using.

By the way, WYW Fos are the only ones I've tried that consistently need only .5 oz pp or less. If you want potent FOs, check them out. They're at BCN. The Vanilla Grapefruit is super strong at 3% and smells awesome. :drool:

Yes, this is correct. 1/4 - 1/2 oz per lb is what they recommend. It's very strong and you don't want to use more than 1/2 oz or it will be too much.

In general, Peak's FOs are strong and most of them have recommended usage of 1/2 - 1 oz per lb. I usually use somewhere in the middle of this range. I've found that by putting more, it doesn't make it smell any stronger, you're just wasting your FO.

Thanks, Im trying to cut cost without cutting quality of product. This helps a lot, I have a shipment of FO from peaks coming in today. I will test them and let you'll know what I think.

I was just burning Peaks Hyacinth at 1oz and, Ohhh man, WAY too strong! I love florals, but this made me want to puke! Smelled like a funeral home! And I had it underwicked, didn't have much of a meltpool, more like a puddle!:P

I'll definately be cutting this to .5!