JS Body Mousse and Mimosa Mandarin

AngelaVA

Okay, this morning before I left I had a few extra minutes and decided to play with the body mousse sample from JS. I scooped it into a plastic baggie, added a few drops of Mimosa Mandarin and some coloring (from BC) and put it back into the little jar it came in. This stuff is really nice! It isn't sticky at all, absorbs quickly and the Mimosa Mandarin smells heavenly too. It has a bottom note of pure sugar, which really compliments it well. I'll try the lotion sample later, probably with Lemon Sugar FO.

I finally broke down and ordered from JS, and I forgot to add the durn mousse. I emailed a note that if she wanted to omit a few of the FO samples I'd gladly sample the mousse ;) Sounds divine. I splurged and got the 16 oz of the Mimosa Mandarin, glad you liked it. Can't wait for the package, gotta start looking for somewhere to hide it ha ha!

I'm so jealous that you have a 16 oz MM!;) I only have the one ounce sample and can't decide whether I want a container or some votives or what, lol.

I hope to have time this weekend to put the samples (Mimosa Mandarin, Chai Tea, Tropical Rain, Pink Peppercorn) into wax so I can order the big bottles next week. They smell absolutely wonderful too.

I can't wait for spring to come, so I can put out the spring line of FOs! I already have Pink Lemonade (JS), Raspberry Lemonade (ICS), Key Lime Pie (Snowtop) and Vanilla-Grapefruit (WYW). I only need a few more spring FOs and I am ready! Mimosa Mandarin is definitely on the list.

Ooo, I like NG. I have so many things from there on my wishlist, lol. The problem is that if I add another supplier right now, I will go over board. But I may have to check them out. Honeydew Pear sounds really nice. I also want to try about a hundred other FOs from them. And I'm always up for a FO swap!

I have been waiting for a review of the mousse. I posted over on the B & B asking about it last week, but nobody would talk to me :cry2: about it. I really want to try it at some point and the mimosa mandarin and the chai tea and geeze, I need a sugar daddy : )

I have been waiting for a review of the mousse. I posted over on the B & B asking about it last week, but nobody would talk to me :cry2: about it. I really want to try it at some point and the mimosa mandarin and the chai tea and geeze, I need a sugar daddy : )

Yeah, where's my Sugar Daddy?? Huh?? I'm waiting!! LOL

I really like the body mousse, still haven't tried the lotion. I hate sticky lotions and the mousse dries pretty quick. It's definitely worth testing. Although, I still want to try the Body Glaze from KY (it's also much cheaper, lol).

I also LOVE the Mimosa Mandarin. Very nice. Smells totally different in the mousse than it does OOB. Can't wait to see what it does in wax.

I got a sample of the silky lotion and the mousse with my order and the mousse is outstanding. I cannot stand lotion that leaves a sticky residue and this stuff goes on so smoothe and absorbs really nice. Makes your skin feel really protected. The consistency of the mousse is so fluffy and yummy.

The silky lotion is more loose in consistancy, but you don't need much to spread onto your arm, it goes far. This one also dries very nicely without a residue. This one would probably be better packaged in a bottle with a pump.

I don't do B&B right now....but I guarantee anybody that uses either of these in their line is going to the BANK from it!! :cheesy2:

Mimosa Mandarin did you think it was strong enough for a strong candle.

I haven't put it in wax yet, but I definitely think it will be strong enough for a candle and will have a great throw. Hopefully, I can test it out this weekend.

I already put the Lemon Sugar in wax and it is awesome. The cold throw is amazing and I'll light it up tonight and tell you what I think.

I've been wanting to try the mousse but at that price how do you think your going to be able to sell it... I just think it's going to be to pricey....

I agree that price might be a big issue here. I haven't broken down the calculations or anything, but all things being equal, the fact that other suppliers lotions/glazes cost about $10 per gallon less will definitely have an impact on the amount of profit I could make. And I am all about making a profit. This hobby is not cheap. That's part of the reason why I want to try Ky's Body Glaze and Whipped Soy Something or Other.

I agree that price might be a big issue here. I haven't broken down the calculations or anything, but all things being equal, the fact that other suppliers lotions/glazes cost about $10 per gallon less will definitely have an impact on the amount of profit I could make. And I am all about making a profit. This hobby is not cheap. That's part of the reason why I want to try Ky's Body Glaze and Whipped Soy Something or Other.

Angela,

I've got both the Body Glaze and Soy Body Butter from KY and love them! The butter is VERY thick and absorbs well. DH works outside and his hands are always cracked and bleeding--I think he has used a whole gallon himself! I also use it on my DD for her excema, and it helps almost as much as her prescription.

The glaze is good also, but not nearly as thick--almost reminds me of a whipped gel in consistancy but is not sticky. Goes on very cool and feels very soothing.

I've also mixed them, and that is good too!:)

Tammy

I've been wanting to try the mousse but at that price how do you think your going to be able to sell it... I just think it's going to be to pricey....

I use all the KY body products, and they are less expensive, for sure. The JS lotions are a higher end product in my opionion. I am going to add them to our line, and market them as a spa product or something. I passed out a few samples to some of our customers, and they said it reminded them of something from the cosmetic counters in the department stores or from VS. I am just adding a couple bucks to the price and I don't think anyone will blink.

I don't currently offer any B&B (well, except lip balm, but that doesn't really count I guess). I really want to offer a lotion and a thicker body cream and probably some whipped shea, but I don't want to make my own whipped shea right now, so I think that just sticking with a lotion and a body cream will work for now.

I just want to make sure that I can make a good profit on my products too. I think I will get some of the KY products and more of the JS products and give them to a few testers to try out when I'm ready. I want to finish testing some of my spring scents first, lol. I always seem to have a million things I want to do and not enough time (or money!) to do them all.

Okay though - if you had to choose and only cary the B&B from KY or JS, which would you prefer??

definitely JS, higher end products. I will carry both, but I personally like the JS products quality, hey you get what you pay for!

If I am not mistaken, the silky hand and body lotion is just like the 'BBW Silky' without the shimmer.

Edited to add my calculations per 8 oz jar/bottle (bottle, lotion. FO, color)

Mousse would be $2.62 per 8 oz. container

Silky Hand and Body Lotion--$2.53 per 8 oz. container.

So, if you sell these for 14.99 or even 12.99, what a huge profit.

you guys are killin me! I ordered tuesday. wasn't online yesterday. got my quantumview e-mail today and checked it when I got to work. It was delivered 15 minutes after I left! My package is on my doorstep and I am stuck at work. I can't wait to sniff!!!!:drool:

"I can't wait to sniff!!!!"

I know how you feel - I have to wait a full 10 days before I can have my stuff, which is not bad considering it is a different continent, but still - VERY VERY PAINFULL!!!:drool:

Katinka

Wow! You do have a long time to wait and those FOs sure have a long trip! Glad Becky ships overseas. Her oils are definitely worth it.

Okay, regarding the Mousse. I noticed yesterday that my Lemon Sugar Mousse didn't have a lingering scent on my skin and I can't really smell it too well in the jar. I put in the amount of drops that are recommended on her website, but I will be adding more this morning and trying it out again. I don't know if it is the FO, the mousse or that I just didn't put enough in, but I'll try it again and see what happens. Hopefully, my skin won't start burning, lol :rolleyes2