Valentine's Hurricane

SatinDucky

Hi, The candle looks realy nice hon!! How many times did you dip it for the overlay??

God Bless

Actually I didn't nor plan to. When I use decals/stickers I merely spray a couple coats of clear glaze on them. I don't know how they would react to hot wax and this works great. If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)

Hi, since I am new to candlemaking.............still waiting on supplies to start, I have no idea IF it is possible to dip decalled candles!! Does anyone know if the sticker decals would melt in a quick dip overlay??

I really do think that your candle came out great hon!!!

God Bless,

OFCILynn

Your hurricane is just adorable - I love it - I want one! Great idea using messages instead of pics. I've just ordered some decal paper - any traps for newbies I should watch out for?

If you do a search on decal paper, you should find some info. It's been discussed a few times. Something about what kinds of printers will use it and which kind will melt the paper. I've not printed any myself, sorry. All of mine have been store bought decals or stickers.

Damn damn double damn, how come you can use decals AND THEY WORK? I originally thought decals would be the end all for canes. I was wrong, I can't make them work worth a damn. Great lookin candle.

Maybe the type of decal? The teddy bears and shells were rub on transfer type from Tulip Art, which I can't find anymore! :mad: Those two I had gotten on clearance, now I know why. They don't make those styles anymore. I'm not fond of the fruit or flowery ones they do still make :cry2:

These are just stickers. Got them in the scrapbook sticker section at Hobby Lobby.

Those are real cute.

Mozzie - I had better luck using smaller decals. Couldn't keep the wrinkles out of the bigger ones. You might want to print several different things on a sheet for testing. Then you can see how they look and have several to play with. Watch how long you soak the decal paper. Good Luck

I would not have thought to use just words, & if someone had suggested the idea to me I would have thought it was ... er... stupid, but when I see your 'cane, esp with the lit votive (or whatever you've got in there) I'm thinking "what a very clever ducky!" That is so cool!!! Great idea. :highfive: