I made some KILLER AWESOME soap the other day!!

Michi

It's M&P, but it was just the plain white base, and I decided to get brave and add a bunch of stuff to it, so I could see how it worked before buying a bunch of plain white base in the SFIC co-op.

OMG guys, this stuff is AWESOME, I'm sooo proud of it, not to toot my own horn, but "toot tooot toooooot" :D LOL

I used shea butter, castor oil, and an EO blend, then added calendula petals throughout and sprinkled on top, and then placed 4 full calendula flowers spaced apart on top.

It's pretty, softening, and OMG the smell is DIVINE!!

I've already cut the log, using a bar myself, gave a bar away to my girlfriend, and my biggest critic (my middle daughter) is in love with this soap. :D

I'm excited to try some more, and think that I can get away with using MORE shea than I originally did, but may have to add something for the lather issues.

I used shea butter, castor oil, and an EO blend, then added calendula petals throughout and sprinkled on top, and then placed 4 full calendula flowers spaced apart on top.

Umm, I'm a newbie at all soap making, so mind if I ask what the proportions were? How much base, shea & so on, it sounds divine!!

Thanks

Pam R

Thanks everyone, it's not often that I'm THAT proud of something I've made, but this soap is just GOOD, it may be the EO that makes me like it sooo much, you know? Maybe it's that aromatherapy everyone's always talkin' bout that I've never really understood. LOL

Well, I guess I should have taken a pic. huh? Ok, I'll try, my camera has really been acting up lately. :(

Oh, and the EO blend is called Mother Earth, to me it smells like an orange spice tea.

I'm having a hard time trying to come up with a name or what I would put on a label if I sold it/gave it away to someone, since it's got the EO blend, the calendula petals/flowers plus the shea butter. :rolleyes:

If I post a pic. maybe ya'll could help me come up with a name for it??? ;)

Guest EMercier

Sure! I just love to see creations others come up with. I did the M & P, but I never thought of mixing anything else with it. Maybe I'll switch back, this CP is kicking my butt!

Ya know, it's funny because I think a lot of people just skip over the MP threads because they have decided for whatever reason that MP soap making is not REALLY soap making... and they miss out on all the great ideas that are born from allowing oneself to just totally go nuts with MP soap. There have been so many threads about adding stuff to MP soap, and there are still so many people out there who don't realize you can do that... and who don't know that MP soap can be as good or BETTER than CP, HP or CPOP soap as far as cleansing, lathering, and conditioning properties, depending on what you add to it to make it so. There are just great benefits to both ways of making soap. I think I am just plain and simply a soap making addict. It doesn't matter what kind :D I need help..I just know it!

You don't help Sharon, you're having fun! :D

To me, it really allows my creative side to come out, and I get all giddy just thinking about what I'm going to make as I get all my supplies out. LOL

I'm already thinking about what EO I want to use next, and what I can add to it, to make it different than the first one. ;)