CS Mistletoe replacement?

Paintguru

23 hours ago, soylights said:

Thanks! I don't want the mislabeled mistletoe. Sounds like that's what the problem was. Reading reviews....looks like this occurred from late 2020 into 2021. We just purchased our CS mistletoe order this month and thankfully it's exactly like the old one we used for years from 2008-2015. 

We are going to test Candle Cacoon Winter Wonderland Whisper this week so we have a back up. We have an order to fill for 200 Mistletoe!!! These shortages are stressing us out!

Would you be so kind as to leave a review of the Winter Wonderland Whisper. I am very interested in this if it is a dupe of Mistletoe. Thanks.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Candybee said:

Would you be so kind as to leave a review of the Winter Wonderland Whisper. I am very interested in this if it is a dupe of Mistletoe. Thanks.

Testing of Winter Wonderland Whisper has started! So far so good and just like CS mistletoe… honestly maybe better. 

640ADFC9-6AE1-4410-878E-487DBFC9BDF1.jpeg

3 hours ago, soylights said:

Testing of Winter Wonderland Whisper has started! So far so good and just like CS mistletoe… honestly maybe better. 

640ADFC9-6AE1-4410-878E-487DBFC9BDF1.jpeg

You are using a 795 Premier wick?  I've never used that big of a wick; but then, I usually only use canning jars.  Wax?

GoldieMN

16 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

You are using a 795 Premier wick?  I've never used that big of a wick; but then, I usually only use canning jars.  Wax?

GoldieMN

Yes that’s what works best for us in this jar. It’s a 16 oz 3.8” in diameter. Some we have to bump to 798 and some 793 for this jar. 

In a canning jar, we are between 745-775 depending. 

Using 75% 444 and 25% 4630 blend. 

• Like 1

Got a reply from PFO

they do have pinion pine - sales were low so they haven’t restocked it 

I am considering special ordering 10 pounds, she is getting me a price ….it’s a gamble because it’s been years since I used it but quality is definitely in their corner with the Moonworks fragrances 

if anyone would be interested in some let me know so I can see how to tip the scale here- to order or not to order 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Got a reply from PFO

they do have pinion pine - sales were low so they haven’t restocked it 

I am considering special ordering 10 pounds, she is getting me a price ….it’s a gamble because it’s been years since I used it but quality is definitely in their corner with the Moonworks fragrances 

if anyone would be interested in some let me know so I can see how to tip the scale here- to order or not to order 🤷‍♀️

I am so reticent to order an untried, unsmelled, and to me unknown bottle of pinion pine after the mistletoe fiasco. But you make an excellent point, the quality of PFO oils and their MW dupes is bar none. I have never been disappointed by any of my FO orders from them.

You can put me down for a lb. If I knew for sure I liked it I would go for more but the uncertainty of it is holding me off from ordering more for now.

Edited by Candybee
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

I am so reticent to order an untried, unsmelled, and to me unknown bottle of pinion pine after the mistletoe fiasco. But you make an excellent point, the quality of PFO oils and their MW dupes is bar none. I have never been disappointed by any of my FO orders from them.

You can put me down for a lb. If I knew for sure I liked it I would go for more but the uncertainty of it is holding me off from ordering more for now.

I will keep you posted on the what they say about price and turnaround to get it 

I won’t hold you to it if it isn’t the same - I’m hoping for the best 🤞 and most definitely will at least throw it a melt to be sire it’s spot on 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, moonshine said:

I will keep you posted on the what they say about price and turnaround to get it 

I won’t hold you to it if it isn’t the same - I’m hoping for the best 🤞 and most definitely will at least throw it a melt to be sire it’s spot on 

I am now getting excited and anxiously waiting on trying this FO. So just pm me when I need to pay ya.

BTW-- I think I am also going to try the Winter Wonderland Whisper from CC? I think that's the supplier. Anyway, its exciting to think there may be a spot on sub for Mistletoe out there!

I just ordered the Winter Wonderland Whisper from Candle Cocoon. I have never tried their FOs before. I ordered a few others to try:

Winter Wonderland Whisper

Dewdrop

Sage & Chamomile

Surf's Up

Crushed Strawberry & Rhubarb

These samples will be for soaping but the WWW will be for candles. I especially am looking forward to the crushed strawberry & rhubarb. I want to mix with it with my fresh picked cucumber (CS) and maybe a little lime EO for something fruity, tart, and refreshing for my CP soap line.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Candybee said:

I just ordered the Winter Wonderland Whisper from Candle Cocoon. I have never tried their FOs before. I ordered a few others to try:

Winter Wonderland Whisper

Dewdrop

Sage & Chamomile

Surf's Up

Crushed Strawberry & Rhubarb

These samples will be for soaping but the WWW will be for candles. I especially am looking forward to the crushed strawberry & rhubarb. I want to mix with it with my fresh picked cucumber (CS) and maybe a little lime EO for something fruity, tart, and refreshing for my CP soap line.

Sage and Cham is just wonderful!! 

Let us know what you think of WWW!! Excited to see if you think it's a good match for Mistletoe. Candle Cocoon has great customer service and wonderful quality. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, soylights said:

Let us know what you think of WWW!! Excited to see if you think it's a good match for Mistletoe. Candle Cocoon has great customer service and wonderful quality. 

I am hoping to replace a soap scent with the Sage & Chamomile so good to know its a great scent. Keeping my fingers crossed that it soaps well without any problems.

I can't wait to try the WWW and see if its a good match for Mistletoe. CC had good prices and same day shipping for me so I am happy with that. Also, their shipping fee was very reasonable even though all my FOs I ordered were only 4ozers as that is the smallest size I can use for testing. Shipping only cost $8.99 for 5 - 4oz bottles.

I just checked and my order should arrive on Monday. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning!

10 hours ago, soylights said:

Let us know what you think of WWW!! Excited to see if you think it's a good match for Mistletoe. Candle Cocoon has great customer service and wonderful 

9 hours ago, Candybee said:

I am hoping to replace a soap scent with the Sage & Chamomile so good to know its a great scent. Keeping my fingers crossed that it soaps well without any problems.

I can't wait to try the WWW and see if its a good match for Mistletoe. CC had good prices and same day shipping for me so I am happy with that. Also, their shipping fee was very reasonable even though all my FOs I ordered were only 4ozers as that is the smallest size I can use for testing. Shipping only cost $8.99 for 5 - 4oz bottles.

I just checked and my order should arrive on Monday. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning!

Crushed strawberry and rhubarb is wonderful!!! 

PFO got back to me and pinion has not been reformulated- it’s the same as back in the day of MW

she said they get notified of changes and there have been none on this 

10 pounds is very reasonable imo if it is indeed what I remember it to be 

a gamble still ….yes but I’m a gambling girl 🎰

I am going to place the order of anyone is interested PM me 

turnaround is anywhere from 2-4 weeks 

• Like 1

Just got my CC samples today. Woohoo!!!

1. The Winter Woodlands Whisper does smell very much like the old CS Mistletoe. But I have only smelled it OOB so can't be 100 percent on that until I put it in a candle. But honestly, what I am smelling so far is a good match and a wonderful FO I can't wait to try. I am even smelling the eucalyptus oil in it. It seems like something is missing but not sure what and won't be able to tell until I test it. It smells slightly weaker and the fir or pine needle is softer?

2. I am loving the Crushed Strawberry & Rhubarb! Lovely tart rhubarb with just the right amount of strawberry, more tart than sweet but then that is what I want. Can't wait to soap this baby!!! It should be the perfect FO to blend with my CS Fresh Picked Cucumber.

3. The Sage and Chamomile is very nice. Although it smells more like a fresh and clean linen scent OOB. I am not detecting any sage or chamomile. This is another one I want to test in CP soap. I could use it as a replacement for my beach linen line of soap. Will have to test in soap first to decide.

4. The Surf's Up I expected it to be another version of Bobby Brown's Beach. But its not quite that at all. The description is notes of cocoa butter, salty sea air, and surf wax. Hard to describe what I am smelling but I do smell notes of cocoa butter or some kind of cocoa butter suntan lotion, ozone, and salt. Not sure about the wax part but maybe that comes through in the application. Its very nice and I will definitely test in soap.

5. I also got a sample of Dew Drop. I got this because I am looking for a match to another old favorite of mine that disappeared, Flicker's Olive Blossom. I can only find similar matches in 'rain' or rain water' type FOs. Anyway it has notes of freesia and juniper in it and the pairing is beautiful. Its both delicate yet strong, cool and warm at the same time. Hard to describe this one, but I would definitely say it belongs in the spa, clean, or upscale scent types. I also got this to test in soap and hoping I get something unique and as upscale as I am smelling OOB.

6. Last, CC sent me a small sample of Spiced Apple Pie. This would make a great candle scent. To me it smells just like apple pie filling with lots of spice and warm gooie filling and cooked apples. Yum! This to me is more a pie filling rather than warm pie scent. So personally I would mix it with a nice pie crust FO for warm apple pie scent. It would be worth it because I like this pie filling scent better than warm apple pie, I just miss the crust part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1