Wicking a big boi (6inch diameter jar)

Hi my lovelies! After 3 months, I finally got vessels from Alibaba! They’re round glass jars that kinda look like food containers😂 6inches in diameter! I know I should use 4 wicks, but where do I start? It’s my first time multiwicking...

I’m using IGI6006 and I have HTP, Premier and Zinc core. 

Thanks in advance! 

How deep?

is there a lip/curl inward?

I would generally inclined to start with 3 wicks in that size. I do not use your wax, but a similar coconut I would start with cd5 depending on the FO I aim the curl of the wicks away from the center.

On 11/16/2020 at 9:13 PM, TallTayl said:

How deep?

is there a lip/curl inward?

I would generally inclined to start with 3 wicks in that size. I do not use your wax, but a similar coconut I would start with cd5 depending on the FO I aim the curl of the wicks away from the center.

Thanks TT! It's straight sided, about 2 inches deep. I did try 3 wicks with HTP 1212 last night but it was sooting so much. I forgot to take a picture - will attach it later! :) 

Would HTP 105 x 3 work? Any premier equivalent? 

1212 is a massive wick.  Wick way down with multi wicks  the pool develops fast since the wicks produce so much combined heat.  then they don't draw as much wax.  basically calculate the wick sizes using an estimate of the 3 individual candles that would "touch" in the bigger container. a 6" diameter candle would be like three 2" candles. How would you wick a 2" wide candle?

On 11/18/2020 at 3:20 PM, candlecraftshop said:

Thanks TT! It's straight sided, about 2 inches deep. I did try 3 wicks with HTP 1212 last night but it was sooting so much. I forgot to take a picture - will attach it later! :) 

Just heard HTP wicks were discontinued. Research to make sure it's true, but you might want to put the work into a different series if it is.

13 hours ago, Soy-N-Suds said:

Just heard HTP wicks were discontinued. Research to make sure it's true, but you might want to put the work into a different series if it is.

Only CandleScience are going to be discontinuing them, you’ll still be able to get them from several other places. Only problem is they had to change the materials they’re made from, so if you already have your ‘formula’ down with HTP wicks then you gotta test all over again.

On 11/18/2020 at 1:20 PM, candlecraftshop said:

👋re: premier sizing -just chiming in with a comparison that might be helpful depending on your wax's soy:para ratio.

I wick a 4" dia. Weck jar with two P725s and get a pretty much perfect burn (with a select # of FOs)  I've never worked with 6006 but I use my own blend that's 50% soy + para + coconut oil, so maybe it's similar to yours.  If I were to tackle your vessel in my wax, I'd start testing with 3 P735s as the shallowness of your container means you won't have the trapped heat effect to melt down any hang up on the sides.  

For a visual- Here's a pic of one with P725s that I'm burning right now that's close to the end of it's burn-life..  FO is 5% Riverstone from Cierra (an easy wicker with great throw btw) That bit clinging to the sides will melt down in the next couple of hours to leave a clean jar by the end.  

IMG_6560.jpg