Anybody ever do motorcycle festivals?

Candybee

I used to know a lady that did the Rolling Thunder rally every year in Washington DC and swore she made thousands at her booth over the weekend during the rally. Just got me to thinking if anyone here does any and what you think of them? I know a lot of ladies go to these rallies and would be interested in B&B products. My friend sold those bandana scarfs that cyclists wear on their head.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

I used to know a lady that did the Rolling Thunder rally every year in Washington DC and swore she made thousands at her booth over the weekend during the rally. Just got me to thinking if anyone here does any and what you think of them? I know a lot of ladies go to these rallies and would be interested in B&B products. My friend sold those bandana scarfs that cyclists wear on their head.

My take on all festivals is the same, you sell what that demographic market buys.  No doubt she sold a lot of bandanas, especially if they had some print that resonated with the crowd.

Every festival I have ever attended, food is #1.

if it is hot, things that cool you (hats, fans, those chamois fabric things that evaporate and cool).  If it is cold, things that warm you (sweatshirts, gloves, hats, scarves, blankets).

if you have a themed product that resonates with that crowd in other offerings, you may have a shot. People attend those events to party and don’t want to carry stuff around. 

• Like 2

I believe Sturgis Motorcycle Rally had big turn out this year even with our pandemic situation.

I did Coffee & Donut once in Pasadena Rose Parade.  This was when I was very young, and I was sold out in 2 1/2 hours.  I could have made a lot more money if I had brought more.  I don't have interest in participating in festivals or fairs selling candles, but festivals like Pasadena Rose Parade & Portland Oregon Rose Festival are too good to ignore.

• Like 2

Demographics is key.  I have taken many calculated gambles.  I have tried some "fairs" and other events.  3 years ago I did 40 shows in 1 year.  Last year I was at like 8 or 9 and was only going to do like 6 this year.  Some shows early in the year I would have 1 to 2 sales.    Which sometimes in Feb and March was 1 to 2 better than people around me.  EEKK..  The cost usually was like $20-$25 and my time.  Live and learn, cross that those off the list.  Other shows in the fall was going home at night to make more to bring more the next day.

So if the show is cheap and you have some time to spare give it a try, but do not be surprised if no one buys anything.  Do not have hurt feeling and wonder why do they not want it.