Pure tobacco scent

jancita

I am trying to create a candle for a friend who grew up on a tobacco farm. He wants something that smells like tobacco with nothing else. I can’t seem to find a pure scent. Does anyone know of any? Sorry to ask this again, but I got no responses the first time. 

I would try wholesale supplies plus - many versions to choose from and they are usually on point and consistent with throwing very well in candles (most of them and I use a lot)

I love autumn lodge- and even though it says nothing about tobacco in the description to me it smells like pipe tobacco 

hope that helps some 

Pure fragrance oils at one time had a pops pipe I think it was and that was good also but I haven’t shopped there in years to know if it’s still available 

• Like 1

I've never found a true tobacco scent.  I have searched and searched and never found anything close.  The closest I've been able to come is to blend a tobacco with a barn wood scent.  Not at all the same as actual tobacco, but fairly reminiscent of tobacco curing in a barn.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I've never found a true tobacco scent.  I have searched and searched and never found anything close.  The closest I've been able to come is to blend a tobacco with a barn wood scent.  Not at all the same as actual tobacco, but fairly reminiscent of tobacco curing in a barn.

That sounds interesting. Where do you find a barn wood scent?

13 hours ago, jancita said:

That sounds interesting. Where do you find a barn wood scent?

I had a few of barnwood samples that I mixed together....one was from Aztec, one from Maple St. I don't really remember about those other than I didn't care for them by themselves. The tobacco was from WSP, the Fragrance Formulator one.  

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 9:00 AM, moonshine said:

I would try wholesale supplies plus - many versions to choose from and they are usually on point and consistent with throwing very well in candles (most of them and I use a lot)

I love autumn lodge- and even though it says nothing about tobacco in the description to me it smells like pipe tobacco 

hope that helps some 

Pure fragrance oils at one time had a pops pipe I think it was and that was good also but I haven’t shopped there in years to know if it’s still available 

Pops pipe is still available. I just got a sample, but to me it is not really a strong tobacco scent

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...