Coco bright vs Coco Apricot

I’m looking to try other coconut waxes besides my tried and true coco apricot. I’ve had my eye on coco bright for a long while now. I’ve scoured this forum and my coconut wax Facebook group and haven’t found anything that gives a true comparison. How do they perform compared to one another? Does one have a better HT than the other? Has anyone tried to blend these two waxes? 

Might be the Accu-Blend Hybrid Coconut Container Blend. CCS specifically calls the coco brite a "hybrid" wax, which Accu-Blend also states about theirs. Unfortunately, the Accu-Blend wax doesn't appear to have a published # like all the other waxes. CCS's SDS for the wax is a broken link too. So... IDK. Given CCS's penchant for Accu-Blend waxes, it seems likely.

I'm keeping an eye out for Ecosoya's Ecococo and Kerax's 4135. Haven't been able to find either in the USA. Australia and UK get all the fun stuff.

• Like 2

@blakyue I use coconut apricot. I spoke with Eric over at California candle supply and asked him if it was actually coconut apricot wax because it has a similar description down to the melt point and small about of paraffin. He said that it was not. One of my friends uses that wax and I know she has had luck with smaller CD wicks as I have with my coco. However I have tested a ton of different types of wicks and I know that she has not tested different types. Which FB group are you referring to? I like the one that is dedicated to users that only use coconut waxes that is usually my go to, to get ideas and some comparisons.  I would ask Eric over there for a sample but I decided to commit to coco apricot and make it work.

On 10/10/2020 at 12:38 PM, Kerven said:

Might be the Accu-Blend Hybrid Coconut Container Blend. CCS specifically calls the coco brite a "hybrid" wax, which Accu-Blend also states about theirs. Unfortunately, the Accu-Blend wax doesn't appear to have a published # like all the other waxes. CCS's SDS for the wax is a broken link too. So... IDK. Given CCS's penchant for Accu-Blend waxes, it seems likely.

I'm keeping an eye out for Ecosoya's Ecococo and Kerax's 4135. Haven't been able to find either in the USA. Australia and UK get all the fun stuff.

I think you may be right. Cal candle supply seems to use predominantly accublend. 

1 hour ago, blakyue said:

That is the same group I’m in. I got no real response there so I can here. 😂

Yeah and the information on Coconut Apricot wax is so inconsistent so I just take everything with a grain of salt and do my own research and testing. I think with both of these waxes being so new our informative resources are pretty limited. I did do 3 pan tests for the coco apricot I posted my first one in here and need to post the other 2 I completed. 

• 4 months later...
On 10/10/2020 at 6:33 AM, TallTayl said:

What exactly is coco brite ? Is it 6570? With the renaming of the limited coconut products it is hard to know which we are actually buying.  We have bought the same wax under different names a couple of times unknowingly. 

Just found out that Coco Bright is Accu-Blend Hybrid #11

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...