CandleScience discontinuing HTP and CSN wicks

On 9/16/2020 at 1:56 PM, TallTayl said:

They could have easily marketed those wicks as superwicks for soy And other natural wax blends and sold them by the 1,000. It’s a shame. 

I just called Candlewic to ask if they would consider carrying them. She (Ellen Daniels) said they didn't carry them because they have never really had any requests to do so and if they were to begin carrying them it would be after the first of the year. I told her that I believed there would be a decent amount of interest. TallTayl, maybe you can call her and tell her what they can be used for in addition to palm wax :)  and if everyone else calls to request it also, perhaps this problem will be resolved quickly and we wont be trying for the next year to find substitution.

Edited by Caravan
sp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/15/2020 at 5:29 PM, TallTayl said:

For those who use HTP, I heard from a supplier that HTP wicks have changed due to covid supply chain issues. Definitely check all of your new HTP wicks in your wax before you release candles.

this is all getting really old isn’t it?

I was testing htps bc I heard they were changing and it's what I use and i've noticed that im not getting a full pool anymore with htp73 in the 8oz jelly with 6006.....glad i tested. However, I'm confused bc I keep hearing the new wicks are supposed to burn hotter......wouldn't this seem as if they're burning cooler if that's happening? Also, I've reached out to Lonestar about it when I first heard, and was told they knew nothing about new wicks?? Also in another group someone else said they reached out to theirs at the candle supply store and they also said they didn't know anything was changing either... odd. So here i am with a brand new bag of 1,000 new htp 73's and  seems as if they're not working for me anymore with my combinations.

5 minutes ago, jsull918 said:

I was testing htps bc I heard they were changing and it's what I use and i've noticed that im not getting a full pool anymore with htp73 in the 8oz jelly with 6006.....glad i tested. However, I'm confused bc I keep hearing the new wicks are supposed to burn hotter......wouldn't this seem as if they're burning cooler if that's happening? Also, I've reached out to Lonestar about it when I first heard, and was told they knew nothing about new wicks?? Also in another group someone else said they reached out to theirs at the candle supply store and they also said they didn't know anything was changing either... odd. So here i am with a brand new bag of 1,000 new htp 73's and  seems as if they're not working for me anymore with my combinations.

Yikes. Good thing you are testing!

Is your wax from the same lot number? Just the wicks are different?  

5 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Yikes. Good thing you are testing!

Is your wax from the same lot number? Just the wicks are different?  

I've honestly never checked the wax lot #.......crap I dont have the box anymore I've already diced the wax and stored it.  Can you explain this to me? Where do i find the lot # and can I somehow ask the supplier what lot # it is that I currently have verses my others? In this instance with my situation, say it is the wax... what do i do? wick up I assume since i'm not getting a full pool? And yes, just the wicks are different (assuming it's the new htp wicks).

Edited by jsull918

The lot number information is usually printed on the outside of the carton when buying full cartons. Sometimes there’s a sticker. 

the resellers do not track lot numbers on orders. We have to make note of them upon arrival.

6006 is one of the waxes noted in recent threads that is burning differently in some lots. Yours may or may not be one of them. 

it is impossible to know how to advise without those inconvenient baseline tests 🤗.  a full melt pool at the top is not normally a cause for concern in my opinion. The overall total burn further in the candle is. 

4 hours ago, TallTayl said:

The lot number information is usually printed on the outside of the carton when buying full cartons. Sometimes there’s a sticker. 

the resellers do not track lot numbers on orders. We have to make note of them upon arrival.

6006 is one of the waxes noted in recent threads that is burning differently in some lots. Yours may or may not be one of them. 

it is impossible to know how to advise without those inconvenient baseline tests 🤗.  a full melt pool at the top is not normally a cause for concern in my opinion. The overall total burn further in the candle is. 

Gotcha. So, a lot # wouldn’t be on a 50 lb box? I can barely smell the HT either 

B5653855-6088-4A1F-9508-63B29DAA40CC.jpeg