Best oils that absorb fast into skin

Candybee

Ahhh.... found a site that covers coconut oil vs MCT oil: MCT oil vs coconut oil

Still looking for the fractionated CO info.

Found fractionated CO vs MCT here: https://livelovefruit.com/mct-oil-vs-fractionated-coconut-oil/

This article also points out why different oils other than CO may be used and that CO and palm are probably the cheapest and most popular to use.

Yet another article on fractionated vs MCT: https://ketodummies.com/fractionated-coconut-oil-vs-mct-oil/

Edited by Candybee

OMG! I can't BELIEVE I FORGOT the MOST IMPORTANT ONE OF ALL!!! 

CBD
It's A MIRACLE!!! It FIXES EVERYTHING! Jeeze... HOW could I have POSSIBLY overlooked THAT ONE!!!? 

Put it into your lotion, soap, buttwipes, and anything else you can physically get it into, near, or on and I PROMISE even if you make your cold cream with used motor oil you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP IT IN STOCK it'll sell so FAST. 

This would be really funny if it wasn't absolutely true. 

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 6:51 AM, Sponiebr said:

If we take oil to mean the functional substance and not the molecular structure the 2 absolute fastest and best in my experience are Jojoba and Argan. The both have almost an identical molecular structure to human skin oil and as such they are properly esters.  Those 2 are the absolute best for skin "nourishment" and they are actually absorbed into the skin and hair, and they do so very rapidly also.

Also adding a little simethicone or dimethicone to a batch will be a huge help in providing a nice skin nourishment. If you need a little more glide to your lotion as Nightlight mentioned isopropyl myristate is THE nicest choice I can think of, BUT the simethicone or dimethicone will also give some glide to your formulation. Also one of the best non comedonal oils hasn't been mentioned yet is  Mineral Oil. There's a BIG reason why it's in ALL of the commercial products, and that's because it WORKS like magic. My beard lotion is like pretty much straight mineral oil these days with just a smidge of vitamin E (tocopherol). 

ETA: Also a very nice deodorant I have used extensively is just straight old Dollar Tree non sweetened Milk of Magnesia. SUPER anti microbial and makes REALLY good fairly long lasting deodorant as well.  Also, for a little extra moisturization some sodium lactate is a very nice addition. 

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services  

This is a serious question. Are you a scientist ? Your very knoweledgable .

21 hours ago, Moonstar said:

This is a serious question. Are you a scientist ? Your very knoweledgable .

I am not a scientist by trade. I DO study things IN DEPTH to get a proper handle on how to best use them and bend them to my purposes. CONTROL BABY!!!  

I was studying to become a Dr. at one time and a lot of the skills I learned have been VERY useful to me over the years. e.g: I hunt wild edible mushrooms in Florida (yeah... there's a BUNCH of them), but I get asked to ID mushrooms that other people find too. I have a NICE binocular microscope with an oil immersion lens for helping me to identify mushrooms that I collect.(Still, I rarely have to break out the scope) 

I think it just boils down to : I'm weird.   

idunno... (shrugs) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

I am not a scientist by trade. I DO study things IN DEPTH to get a proper handle on how to best use them and bend them to my purposes. CONTROL BABY!!!  

I was studying to become a Dr. at one time and a lot of the skills I learned have been VERY useful to me over the years. e.g: I hunt wild edible mushrooms in Florida (yeah... there's a BUNCH of them), but I get asked to ID mushrooms that other people find too. I have a NICE binocular microscope with an oil immersion lens for helping me to identify mushrooms that I collect.(Still, I rarely have to break out the scope) 

I think it just boils down to : I'm weird.   

idunno... (shrugs) 

Weird is good ! And, depends on what your definition of weird is  lol ! You are funny though, I hand you that much.... Your CONTROL BABY answer lol ! 

I had no idea Florida had wild mushrooms . That might explain a few things LMAO ! 

On 1/13/2020 at 9:28 PM, Moonstar said:

Weird is good ! And, depends on what your definition of weird is  lol ! You are funny though, I hand you that much.... Your CONTROL BABY answer lol ! 

I had no idea Florida had wild mushrooms . That might explain a few things LMAO ! 

Yeah, there are THOSE mushrooms out in the wild too... Interesting factoid (which is a fact I pulled out of my o.O ) there are NO deadly poisonous boletes in Florida.  Yup! NONE. There are 2 or 3 that will make you so sick you'll WISH you had died, but none that will kill you outright. So down here we "seek the sponge". We also have native oyster mushrooms (3 kinds actually one of which is specific to Florida), native chanterelles, and shiitake &  lion's mane have established themselves down here too. Lotsa good eat'n down here in the swam-(POP).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 5:14 AM, Sponiebr said:

Yeah, there are THOSE mushrooms out in the wild too... Interesting factoid (which is a fact I pulled out of my o.O ) there are NO deadly poisonous boletes in Florida.  Yup! NONE. There are 2 or 3 that will make you so sick you'll WISH you had died, but none that will kill you outright. So down here we "seek the sponge". We also have native oyster mushrooms (3 kinds actually one of which is specific to Florida), native chanterelles, and shiitake &  lion's mane have established themselves down here too. Lotsa good eat'n down here in the swam-(POP).  

You and my brother could have been best buds. He was an avid wild mushroom enthusiast and naturalist. On top of that he studied and became a tribal medicine man and was into studying herbs, natural medicines, mysticism, and native folklore.  He used to go on nature walks all over native tribal lands, the sierra nevada, rockies, plains, mountain ranges, and forest lands. He once told me he could stand still in one spot and name all the flora and fauna all around him but he was especially into the wild mushrooms and his favorites were the smallest most delicate almost invisible to the eye species. He also once told me he had over 200 spirit animals which included present, past, and mythical creatures. He was weird and wonderful and I miss him terribly.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, histoire said:

Oils, not butters? As for the butter, I can recommend the mango one. As for the oils (this store is nice, I ofter buy stuff here), I had some positivie experience with fennel oil. But I think it's the matter of trial and error. 

Oils as in fats. Oil, butter, etc.