The elusive Coconut FO *sigh*

Dreamer

ALL I WANT IS A COCONUT FO THAT DOESN'T LEAVE THAT AWFUL PLASTIC/CHEMICAL STENCH ON THE SKIN!!!  IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK??  *weeps in the corner with all my coconut fo duds😢*

Ok, now for my inside voice lol...  Seriously though, what is with all these chemical-like coconut fragrance oils? Every single one I have sampled leaves that icky note on the skin. I tested them on others as well, thinking my skin chemistry might just be whack, but nope, the stench lingers on their skin as well. While I'm sure most of them are phenomenal in wax, they simply don't cut it in lotions/perfumes.

Too long I've been searching for a good non-fruity, non-green coconut or coconut-vanilla fo. I have sampled so many.. Just Scent, Indigo, SOS, Nature's Garden, MMS, Eternal Essence, P & J, CandleLynn, Wellington, RE, Elements (off the top of my head.) Being a die-hard coconut addict and a perfume maker, I cannot sell plastic-scented coconut products to my customers.

Any suggestions?

17 hours ago, pughaus said:

Ha. Been there!

Have you tried Daystar?  It's my favorite coconut for candles, not a very strong thrower in wax though. I use it mostly for blending.   http://www.daystarsupplies.com/fo-regular-5.htm#Coconut

No, I haven't tried them. I have looked over Daystar's oils a few times, seeing many that I'd love to sample, but the site always seems.. forgotten, for lack of better words. Have you successfully placed an order with them recently?

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

No, I haven't tried them. I have looked over Daystar's oils a few times, seeing many that I'd love to sample, but the site always seems.. forgotten, for lack of better words. Have you successfully placed an order with them recently?

yes, bought a couple of lbs of coconut 2 months ago.  She's still in business and the order arrived within a week.

I'm happy to mail you an oz of the coconut to test if you'd like.

4 minutes ago, pughaus said:

yes, bought a couple of lbs of coconut 2 months ago.  She's still in business and the order arrived within a week.

I'm happy to mail you an oz of the coconut to test if you'd like.

That would be fantastic, thank you! 😃😃 I will pm you.

Same boat regarding coconut, must be really hard to make this one. I do love one out of the many I tried, Black Coconut yankee type from aztec candles. Not a true coconut to my nose but ok for now, not super strong so I up the percentage. Heavy sigh!,,,😀I’d try daystars though!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marleigha said:

@Dreamer in regards to coconut are you looking for a basic coconut or can it be a type or ever so slightly bakery ISH?  Anyways, LMK

At this point, I'm honestly open to any of those categories, as long as it doesn't leave that horrid chemical/plastic smell on skin. OOB, I love the smell of JS's Coconut Extreme, but it morphs into that yucky smell as soon as it's blended and/or on skin.

I've had to blend 3 different coconuts to get something that's relatively nice in my sugar scrubs and body butters.   I blended Coconut Cabana (NG), Coconut Milk (Peak),and Coconut Craziness (NG).   I don't make soap with it as I can't get the scent to stick.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sebleo said:

What about Bamboo Coconut from CS? I see it is skin safe. Only used it in wax, but it seems like one that would smell good in skin products. 

By the description, it sounds pretty green. The issue isn't with the oils smelling good in the products, but rather on the skin. Once applied to skin, they morph into something  "chemical." I've used different carriers/bases as well and still have the same end result.

On 12/3/2019 at 5:11 PM, Dreamer said:

At this point, I'm honestly open to any of those categories, as long as it doesn't leave that horrid chemical/plastic smell on skin. OOB, I love the smell of JS's Coconut Extreme, but it morphs into that yucky smell as soon as it's blended and/or on skin.

Then I would strongly suggest FB Tropical Elements which is a MW type or I also really like their Coconut Cream Pie!  I too really like JS Coconut Extreme, but I make wax products with mine.  The Tropical Elements from FB to me is stunning but so is the FB CCP.  HTH!  😇🙏🏼🎄❄️

P.S. Bamboo Coconut from CS is extremely green.  I smell far more Bamboo in it then coconut.  But I agree with @Sebleo it smells very nice!  🥰

Edited by Marleigha
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 7:57 PM, Marleigha said:

Then I would strongly suggest FB Tropical Elements which is a MW type or I also really like their Coconut Cream Pie!  I too really like JS Coconut Extreme, but I make wax products with mine.  The Tropical Elements from FB to me is stunning but so is the FB CCP.  HTH!

Heading over to FB now to check em out. Thank you for your suggestions.