My experience with Woodenwick.com

I placed an order for some wicks and jars about a week ago. The wicks they sent were wrong size, I ordered 1/2" boosters and they sent me 5/8". No biggie I am able to cut them down easily if need be. I also ordered 8 jars, 4 white 4 black. My order came with only 4 white jars, so I messaged them which is the only friggin way to contact them. What business doesn't have a phone? Seriously! They tell me the black jars won't be here till Dec 18 with no message anywhere telling me this, not even in the box. You would think when ordering on their website that it would tell me they are out, but no, that didn't happen. I asked if they can just double the white jar order and forget the black, and they said no prob. Today my jars came and are nothing I have ordered. So I message them again on the live chat. First they try to blame me saying I ordered the new jars, then want me to take a picture of the order to send to them, then they admit it was their fault, put me on hold to fix the order, then disconnect and completely turn off their live messenger. So now I have to wait for them to reply to an email. All this happened at 12 this afternoon, they close at 5.

Worst customer service.

Has anyone else had any of these problems with this company?

• Like 1

They claim to provide top notch customer service. I think it’s odd to not have a contact number. 

Your experience makes me hesitant to do business with them. You should have been notified before they sent your order to see if you wanted to make changes. Or, at bare minimum, an order summary in the box letting you know what items shipped and which didn’t. 

• Like 1

It is annoying not having a phone number, but I've had responses in a timely manner via email. The last box of stuff I ordered took them 10 days just to ship it which is unacceptable IMO, but I didn't end up liking their products so I don't use them anymore. 

I did get a response from them, the next day apologizing for the disconnect that happened early afternoon, and then she gave me a phone number to call if I had further questions. As far as my messed up order, they are sending me 4 of their vessels free, I told them they didn't have too and I was good, but no reply on that so we shall see,  but still they need to fix some things over there.

They have a huge shop in Irvine, it looks like a storage warehouse, but Im guessing they don't store things there for local shipping because all my order still take a week and I am only a few miles away, but all of their shipping labels come from Irvine. Re- packaging maybe?

Did you order the black matte aura vessels? If so, it's there in the listing that's its backordered. Not sure why you didn't see, its been up there for a month. 

Their wick guide needs to be revamp. I brought a sampler box and its confusing on which wick is needed. They dont response to emails (for me). 

On 11/10/2019 at 11:08 AM, Cindel said:

Did you order the black matte aura vessels? If so, it's there in the listing that's its backordered. Not sure why you didn't see, its been up there for a month. 

Their wick guide needs to be revamp. I brought a sampler box and its confusing on which wick is needed. They dont response to emails (for me). 

Clear as day now looking at it, but when my order was placed it did not say that. Even the live chat apologized for it.

I order wooden wicks from them, and I usually get my shipment in 5 business days.  And, their wick clips are a lot better in quality than what I got from Northwood.  

I know it is kind of weird not having a business phone for a company that size.  But, so far they did fine with my orders.

8 hours ago, Testing123 said:

Sorry this happened. How are you liking the wicks?

All is good, they got everything taken care of, even sent me free jars.  I love these wicks for coconut wax thats for sure. So far they seems to solve all my wick problems, and I love how fast they bring the fragrance out of the candle. Their wick guide seems pretty right on so far, but, its not as they claim as in put the wood wick in and pour. Some of the wicks do not sit straight up, some have slight bend to them so I still find myself having to lean some weight against some to keep them straight in the jar. Other than that I will continue to use these for Coconut and Soy. The wicks I am waiting on is their X wicks or whatever you want to call them. They told me they are still working on them.

• Like 1