Putting stuff in your candles

I always thought and from what i have read that its not good to put things in your candles, like dried flowers, herbs, gems and sprinkles, because it can clog the wick. So when I was looking on etsy there are tons of candles like that and they all have great reviews. So is ok to do that???.. I could try it but just don't want to waste anything if it really doesn't work.

1 hour ago, Pam W said:

I put NOTHING in my candles other than wax & FOs (pillars or containers).......Just because you see something on the internet does not mean that it's good

True..Maybe those candles are just for looks . I cant imagine they would even burn the right with so much stuff in it 

Kinda related story...
Several years ago Bittercreek did a blog entry re: making pillar candles embedded with mini pine cones.  They promo'd it by doing a FB contest offering the winner the opportunity to choose a scent and receive a candle.  I won the contest.  I chose A Northwoods Christmas, which I already loved.  Anyhoo, emailing ensued and eventually they mailed me the pillar.  It was huge, and really very pretty.  The candle was made without a wick so it could not be burned, since that would be a big fire hazard, and they specifically told me that.  I still have the candle and use it in my holiday decor.

I notice on FB groups and whatnot that every time someone is called out for using flammables in candles they always say, "It's not meant to be burned."  Yet they always have a wick.  Why not just leave out the wick?

Edited by bfroberts
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Karen Ov said:

True..Maybe those candles are just for looks . I cant imagine they would even burn the right with so much stuff in it 

That's just the point.......do you want to sell candles because they look pretty or because they are quality candles with an amazing HT???  It's your choice.....sell candles that look pretty and smile all the way to the bank OR sell a quality candle that brings back customers because they are happy with the end product???