Best wooden wicks on the market today?

46 minutes ago, candlesinflorida said:

I think I must have used a different wooden wick-I think I bought them at Northwood and they had a "coating" on them.

Is the woodenwick company the same as lab&co?

Those wicks with the coating, do they look like chunks of wood glue together? If so they are the ultimate wicks and have been discontinued for a year or so now. They were pretty reliable. I miss them. 

1 minute ago, TallTayl said:

Those wicks with the coating, do they look like chunks of wood glue together? If so they are the ultimate wicks and have been discontinued for a year or so now. They were pretty reliable. I miss them. 

Yes! Like a chunky sandpaper coating!

I never in my life thought I would say, "Awwww I really miss a wick that was discontinued"....but it is true.

• Thanks 1

Dana Decker of Lumetique is the wooden wick patent holder.  The Wooden Wick Company is the licensed manufacturer of wooden wicks.  It seems like Atkins & Pearse has license to manufacturer also, but they don't have any wooden wick product on their web site yet.  And, there are many other wooden wicks that came from China without licensing, so be careful thinking about using those.

Wooden Wick Co. is same company as Lab & Co.  Try their "Adhered Wicks" which is called "Booster Wick" also.  They come in different width and thickness, and they are very reliable wicks compare to regular wooden wicks that we are so familiar with.  I think they require minimum order of 100, and for small quantity you can get them thru many reliable candle suppliers that carry Wooden Wick Co. wicks.  They do have sample pack available.

99% of the time they’re all from The Wooden Wick Co. A lot of people use the Dual Wicks but they don’t come in their sample pack so they presume they’re made by someone else. I use the 0.2 series  in my own parasoy blend so I have to order directly from them, kind of annoying as they are sooooo slow to process orders. Hopefully they will show off their X Wick and Spiral Wick some time in the near future, I’ve not seen them myself but they are listed as options on their newest packaging so I assume they are coming.

• Like 1