Need some baseline wick suggestions...

calan

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

Try the wick guide at candlescience.com 

The suggestions for 4630 are solid.

Thanks, but I've seen their wick guide. It is just HTP or LX wicks.

I was just fishing for some real-world experience with that wax in this container, since I assume it is one of the more popular ones.  :)

Edited by calan

7 hours ago, calan said:

I was just fishing for some real-world experience with that wax in this container, since I assume it is one of the more popular ones.  :)

There is a lot about candles that doesn't make sense, but if five different people on this board are using that same container with the same wax and FO they are probably using five different wicks, and none of them are going to work for you. You could use the wick list to find the nearest equivalent to the HTP or LX wick.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, calan said:

My real world experience is that those suggestions work, and they work very well.  You may need to wick up or down a size depending on FO, FO load, dye, etc. (I rarely, if ever, need to wick down).  

Seriously, HTP 73 was the very first wick suggestion (for 8oz sq. masons) that I got from a supplier when I bought my very first slab of 4630, and that's what I used exclusively for a quite a while.  I now keep zinc, HTP and LX in my wheel house for use with 4630, and depending on the usual factors, one of those always works.

Edited by bfroberts
  • Like 2