FO's in Wallflowers

Cynna

Has anyone tried using FO's they get for candles/soaps to refill wallflowers/plug-ins?  I don't know if it's the scents I'm using or the sticks, but they don't work!!  I barely get any scent out of them and the oil doesn't evaporate.  Do they make the FO's for plug-ins different?  Wondering if anyone has some advice. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to agree with bfroberts!  I'm sure they have a proprietary blend of additives and ratios they use for their wallflowers, which we have no idea about it.  However, I did find this on the Wallflower bulbs from a representative from BBW; 

The following are the ingredients to our Wall Flower Bulbs:

Wallflowers fragrance bulb ingredients

• Fragrance
  • Dowanol TPM
  • Color

I have seen videos of people adding diluted cleaning agents to wallflowers and about dropped my jaw.  Well, consider this a lesson learned!  I thought it would be great to use the FO's I love in a continuous form, not just wax.  Shucks!

Dowanal TPM is a solvent.

These plug ins work like a reed diffuser. In order for the reeds to soak up and diffuse the fragrance the oil must be diluted to a certain amount that makes it work with the reeds. Too much the reeds clog, just enough the fragrance wicks and evaporates.

Each fragrance, has been tested with a ration of fo to solvent to work SAFELY with the plug in device.

I would NOT recommend trying to hack wallflowers. I believe their solvent is European and not available to consumers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cynna said:

I have seen videos of people adding diluted cleaning agents to wallflowers and about dropped my jaw.  Well, consider this a lesson learned!  I thought it would be great to use the FO's I love in a continuous form, not just wax.  Shucks!

People adding diluted cleaning agents to fragrance oil is absolutely terrifying!

Edited by soshiegirl

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try that ktaggard.  Where there's a will there's a way, that's one thing I've learned about DIY projects!  NightLight, there has to be another option.  I understand proprietary secrets, but in this day and age people want to save money and do things themselves.  Surely there's a way to make your own, just have to figure it out!  But I definitely won't be using diluted PineSol!  I can't believe people do that!!

No I disagree on this one for DIY. You’re talking electric and flammables.  I do everything DIY but this one is not a safe project to be fooling around with. Additionally each fragrance is made with a certain amount of solvent, and it’s not DPG which is not the right solvent for these anyway. The solvent they use is more volatile but also flammable. Is it that important to have wallflowers?

There are many beautiful and safe things you can make that can throw fragrance. Reed diffusers are one, plug in tart warmers. There is no need to hack a wallflower. As they say it’s playing with Fire, if you’re okay with that then go ahead but if your place goes up in flames....

Also Fire starters. I would never gum up my wood stove and chimney line with a candle wax firestarter. No way. Our chimney liner cost a fortune to install and cost us money to clean.