Sunflower Fragrance Oil

Karen M

So since no one has any sunflower reviews, I am thinking about these 2, can't decide, also have not ordered from either company before. What do you think?

Northwoods: sunflower $24 LB says Yankee type, never smelled Yankee

charming fragrance of radiant sunshine and wistful floral accords that captures the scent of a sunflower on a warm summer afternoon. The fresh scent of sunflower combined with a touch of plumeria, phlox, and nectar.

Flaming Candle: sunflower $19.99 Lb  

• Top - orange blossom, melon, mandarin, peach, bergamot, Brazilian rosewood, lemon
  • Middle - cyclamen, osmathus, orris root, jasmine, rose
  • Bottom - sandalwood, amber, musk, oakmoss, cedar

I have a sample of Flamings Sunflower.  OOB it smells nice.  I think it is supposed to be a dupe of Sunfowers fragrance by Elizabeth Arden. I remember wearing that perfume a million years ago and this is very much like it.  It's more of a perfumey floral, not a green floral, with a little sweetness.  Reviews call it an "earthy & floral" but I'm not getting any earthy notes OOB.  It's more B&B to me, but I have a feeling it would throw well in wax.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Daisymay66  I ended up using Sunflower and Seamist from CC.  It is a very strong fragrance, I used the recommended 3.9 % in 6006 wax, and wow, it is strong. I am burning it now, and for a small jar it has great HT. I used 4 oz facet jars, because I have a zillion of them LOL. I am not a floral person but I liked this.

Description from CC website:

Sunflower and Sea Mist - A bright and lively scent. A wake-up call to your nose like the slap of ocean waves against bare legs. A truly unique floral! And the best part is that this scent is SUPER strong!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 10:29 AM, Karen M said:

@Daisymay66  I ended up using Sunflower and Seamist from CC.  It is a very strong fragrance, I used the recommended 3.9 % in 6006 wax, and wow, it is strong. I am burning it now, and for a small jar it has great HT. I used 4 oz facet jars, because I have a zillion of them LOL. I am not a floral person but I liked this.

Description from CC website:

Sunflower and Sea Mist - A bright and lively scent. A wake-up call to your nose like the slap of ocean waves against bare legs. A truly unique floral! And the best part is that this scent is SUPER strong!

This sounds like a scent I’ll have to give a try. Do you have any others ya really like? I ordered years ago from CC but don’t think I ever tried them. If I had all the dang money I wasted by not trying all the 1oz samples 🤦‍♀️ I know I could probably find at least 1000 different ones I have in my shop.