CBL 125 curing time

For those of you who use CBL 125, how long do you let it cure? 

Also, I am testing zinc and HTP wicks.  Which wick do you prefer?  I've always used zinc with the wax I use (IGI 4786). 

The texture of CBL 125 reminds me of the 4630  😕  Hope it'll perform better than 4630, though....

Sorry @Ravens, I was out of town with spotty internet. :D 

I really love HTPs with the 125. They work beautifully with great HT, minimal mushrooms (depending on FO), and they are easy to get in a lot of sizes. The lean can make me a little crazy, and the self-trimming can offset the MP quite a bit, but I find as long as it's not over or under wicked, that's an issue that resolves itself by the time you hit the mid point of the container.

Cure time is minimal. I like 5 days to a week, but as little as 12 hours can be adequate. As soon as it is fully cooled, it's ready to go! The cure time for me is really more due to my schedule, lol.

I'm excited to hear what you think of it! I love this wax, it is so easy, and the HT is spectacular. It's hard to find a FO that doesn't throw at least moderately in 125, and most oils that throw well in other waxes (like soy), knock it out of the park in 125!

Enjoy!!

Sounds like a great wax Sarah.

I think I'll order a few pounds of it.   Is this a parrafin?

Do you use any jars like the status or pint canning jar or jelly jar as I was wondering what size wicks you would use in that wax just so I could compare.

Trappeur

4 hours ago, Sarah S said:

Sorry @Ravens, I was out of town with spotty internet. :D 

I really love HTPs with the 125. They work beautifully with great HT, minimal mushrooms (depending on FO), and they are easy to get in a lot of sizes. The lean can make me a little crazy, and the self-trimming can offset the MP quite a bit, but I find as long as it's not over or under wicked, that's an issue that resolves itself by the time you hit the mid point of the container.

Cure time is minimal. I like 5 days to a week, but as little as 12 hours can be adequate. As soon as it is fully cooled, it's ready to go! The cure time for me is really more due to my schedule, lol.

I'm excited to hear what you think of it! I love this wax, it is so easy, and the HT is spectacular. It's hard to find a FO that doesn't throw at least moderately in 125, and most oils that throw well in other waxes (like soy), knock it out of the park in 125!

Enjoy!!

Thank you so much, Sarah!  I bought a case of it because Candlewic offers the case with "free" shipping, and for me, it was/is a good deal. 

I remember using the CBL 129 (several years ago) for wax melts/tarts, and it is an excellent wax; however, the shipping was very, very high, so I quit ordering form Candlewic.

I have order the HTP sample pack from LoneStar.  Time to start playing with CBL 125!  I will most def. let you know what I think of it.  Thanks again, Sarah ;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Sounds like a great wax Sarah.

I think I'll order a few pounds of it.   Is this a parrafin?

Do you use any jars like the status or pint canning jar or jelly jar as I was wondering what size wicks you would use in that wax just so I could compare.

Trappeur

Yes, it is paraffin. It mixes very well with soy wax, so that might be a fun project for you, Trapp! Of course it is just fantastic all by itself, and very easy to work with.

For a pint canning or jelly jar, I would start with an HTP 73 for florals, some lighter pines, fruits, etc. Anything with vanilla, spices, or patchouli I would wick up to an 83. Some really heavy fragrances might need a 93.

A 12oz Status, I'd start with an HTP 83 and move up from there. The bigger, taller Status jars are tricky, you really have to underwick for the top half of the burn because so much heat builds up toward the bottom. I would cautiously start with a 93 for a 22oz Status jar.

HTH!

10 hours ago, Forrest said:

I have problems with the HTPs bending and giving me a one sided MP. How do you overcome that issue?

I don't! I just keep the wicks fairly short so the curl isn't quite so pronounced, make sure it's not over wicked, and I don't let it bother me. Usually my candles get a full MP about halfway down and then the issue is resolved, lol.

I consider it a characteristic of the wick. Like wet spots and paraffin, lol.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NightLight said:

Sarah

Do you think this wax is IGI 4630?

I would try it but hate not knowing what the wax is, much like Flaming candle blends.

Same with other suppliers making up name for cosmetic ingredients. Makes me nuts.

I am no expert but I would assume it is similar to 4630 beings CW uses IGI wax as their base prior to making it their own blends.  For example: 129 is a 4794 base, 141 is a 4625 base and so on.