Loose wicks

Hi..New to candle making..Im just wondering why I can move my wicks a little , not up and down but  just a little bit of movement to them ...and this us when the candles are not lit yet...is this normal and if not does anyone know why..Thanks 

Hi..Thanks for responding..I am using soy wax 464 from a starter kit . I followed the directions and everything turned out great , except the wiggle room im getting from the wick . I really never noticed this in a purchased candle ...I just lit one a hour ago and seems to be fine..just curious why this happened to almost all of the candles i made

Do you have a picture? I’m not totally understanding the wiggle. If the wick is able to move around the top it’s very likely there’s a cavity. It may have been shallow so when you lot it you didn’t notice. On your next candle poke around a little bit and you’ll feel where they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Poke around that wick with a tiny screwdriver or bamboo skewer.  If it pushes with a little resistance then suddenly no resistance there’s definitely a sink hole/cavity around that wick. 

Cavities cause flares then sudden extinguishing of the candle.