Dang it, Candybee

Arch Rock

I just got my sea legs back with making candles again and now you've made me dust off my M&P stuff!  So much has changed in 15 years . . . and yet not so much, so that's a relief.

In the archives, the Australian guy - Dean - really got me inspired along with your wisdom and experience.  Years ago, I poured straight into decorative clam shells but want to get away

from plastic packaging.  That leaves me with the soap boxes from Paper Mart which I think will work, but I'm concerned with placing an M&P soap directly into the box without a wrapper

first.  I never had a problem with sweating with NG's shea butter base but I did add some stearic acid.  I think the clam shells were my protection, though.  Now that I want to move away

from clam shells, I can't stand the thought of wrapping with Saran Wrap.  What do you suggest?  I even thought of those de-hydrating packets that come with certain medicines

and decorative cardboard boxes to mitigate moisture weep.  I would love to slip an M&P straight into a box.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

There was a post in another section... Sorry I can't remember which section it was! But @Laura C discovered some biodegrade able cello bags for @TallTayl. That sounds like it might solve your environmental vs functional dilemma. Hopefully they will see this and maybe provide better info. I just remember thinking it seemed like a cool packaging idea!

• Like 1

I used to put my soaps into cello bags then slip them inside a soap box. My favorite were the white boxes with the oval cut out. Wish I had a picture they looked beautiful that way and the combo of the cello bag and box kept the soaps from getting that sweating or what I call the fuzzy sweater look.:lol:

Now that I do CP I simply use a cigar label. So much cheaper and easier!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2018 at 4:29 PM, Sarah S said:

There was a post in another section... Sorry I can't remember which section it was! But @Laura C discovered some biodegrade able cello bags for @TallTayl. That sounds like it might solve your environmental vs functional dilemma. Hopefully they will see this and maybe provide better info. I just remember thinking it seemed like a cool packaging idea!

Hello Ladies. I think this is what you are looking for.

Biodegradable cello bags  https://www.nashvillewraps.com/cellophane/biodegradable-plastic-bags/p-56

"Green" packaging  https://www.nashvillewraps.com/pages/greenway

Candy & Food packaging  https://www.nashvillewraps.com/pages/candy