Candlewic Poor Customer Service

awnl

I normally don't comment on poor customer service... however I can't let this go. I've been purchasing from Candlewic for over 20 years ( With founder Betty of Candlewic).  My last order can in with some caps that could not be removed. The customer service agent was rude, short and to resolve was going to issue a call tag for them.  When I asked how long I'd have to wait for the replacement items... she indicaited she how no idea, they would have to evaluate the caps why they couldn't be opened.  I called back and requested a called back with credit for the whole order. It's a true disappointment and has left me questioning any future orders with them.

• 2 months later...

I had to respond to this thread, I know it's a bit old but I have never actually purchased from Candelwic even though I created an account months ago. I really thought I had so that was weird. Anyhow, I wanted a sample/single order on the candle tins to see which size is going to work for what I want. I didn't want to have to order a full dozen if possible. I sent an email asking if there was a way to do this and got a reply saying sure, call the 800# to the office to do so. 

I call and first the girl acts like she has no idea what I'm talking about. She was very short and you know how you can HEAR someone smiling as they talk. Well there was none of that here. I tried so hard to be friendly and even tried to joke a bit with her. I explained why I wanted just a single of each size right now with the plan to order bulk of the ones that work. She all but cut me off. I was a bit taken back by this level of customer service. In the end I was able to order a single tin of each size over the phone and the price to do so was more than reasonable but man, she just acted like I was an annoyance and she was doing me some kind of massive favor. I did not like how I felt hanging up the phone. I may purchase the sizes I need elsewhere when I do go to buy. Shame.

I agree this sounds like its the one customer rep that is the bad apple. I have ordered and worked with CW for years and always had good service. If it were me I would write a letter to the CEO with my experience with this person. Perhaps management is not aware of her rude and poor customer service. The reason I would take the time to write the letter is that it would demonstrate that you were moved enough to write to call attention to this problem. A smart owner or manager would look into the problem to evaluate it. Maybe this is not the first time this person was rude but the letter would be like written evidence and might be enough to help resolve the problem or at the very least call it to the attention of the head of the company. Business owners usually don't tolerate rudeness to customers. 

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree- management should be informed about a problem with their customer service. I recently had a good experience with their customer service. I ordered some wax (shipped) and when I got home from work one of the cases was the wrong wax. I emailed them (I don't have time to call during business hours) and someone replied early the next day stating the correct wax will be shipped and UPS will pick up the wrong case. It was here within two days. They apologized and said sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SteveinPA said:

I agree- management should be informed about a problem with their customer service. I recently had a good experience with their customer service. I ordered some wax (shipped) and when I got home from work one of the cases was the wrong wax. I emailed them (I don't have time to call during business hours) and someone replied early the next day stating the correct wax will be shipped and UPS will pick up the wrong case. It was here within two days. They apologized and said sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused. 

I feel like the email responders are not the same as the ones that answer the phones. My email response was very friendly. 

• 1 month later...

I ordered from CW several times over the years and a most recent order left me very disappointed.  There was a rip in the bag the oils were in and a cap was loose so majority of my items had oil on them (this particular bottle had 3/4 of the oil leaked out).  Plus, they forgot half my order.  I understand if a product is on backorder or whatnot but then notify me somehow instead of just not sending it and me needing to chase my paid products.  

They did make it right I have to say, I awaited the other half of my order and returned it all.  They refunded it due to the oil leaking, the missing items and my delay.  Nothing was used or opened on my part though.  I gave them another chance a couple of weeks ago and everything came in perfect condition, very fast, and a sample of a wick I needed was sent.  I will order from them again in the future since they fixed it in the end.

Edited by lovelyscents
  • Like 3

I just had the same bad experience by calling Candlewic customer service.  The lady was very short with me, and downright rude.  I got no answers to my question.  She said, "I was trying to explain it to you, but you are..."  I am what?  There was an error on my last order, and I just want to resolve it.