Golden wax for tarts and melts

ScentedPleasurez

27 minutes ago, aptommo said:

Curious about this as well. I have some on the way after realizing the 415 wasn't the best for molds. I would like to know how it does versus the Ecosoya PB for tarts too. :)

This is 1 that I have not tried,I haven't even ordered yet.. 

I have great results with ky133 from re

Ky133 gives good throw after a couple days. . I guess we all keep testing different ones,even though we already have a winner lol 

Ky133 molds great and easy release from my molds. 

1 minute ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

This is 1 that I have not tried,I haven't even ordered yet.. 

I have great results with ky133 from re

Ky133 gives good throw after a couple days. . I guess we all keep testing different ones,even though we already have a winner lol 

Ky133 molds great and easy release from my molds. 

I've only bought pure soy so far because I keep reading about paraffin being bad because of the carcinogens it releases and I'm curious if that would extend to melts or if it's just something in the wick? (sorry I'm new!)

21 minutes ago, aptommo said:

I've only bought pure soy so far because I keep reading about paraffin being bad because of the carcinogens it releases and I'm curious if that would extend to melts or if it's just something in the wick? (sorry I'm new!)

That's a big debate. Soy is just as chemically treated as any other wax. Most "studies" were actually paid by soy farmers or people who had their hands in soy money. So if people are told about said studies and converted over to soy they would make more money. I jumped on the soy bandwagon but wasn't there long. Studies never give full details either we only see what they want us to see. 

Then comes the wicks. Banning of lead wicks which @Belinda created a topic talking about as well as paraffin,because of one of her fb friends posts.

The real culprit is the fo that's used and where the carcinogens come in at. 

It's a bunch of articles online to support what I've said.  It's also several links in Belindas topic.

If wax is bad for a candle then it would be bad for a melt. Paraffin is not bad though. 

Don't apologize for being nee,we all were at some point

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Okay thanks for that link!! I assume, if I thought this than a lot of customers of mine will too. Maybe I'll use a blend but for now I have the 415 still to use but I did grab some of the 444 and beeswax as well as some stearic acid just to play around and see what I can do. I have too much of the 415 left to waste. I do however have the GW for wax and tarts on the way to me too. I'm not sure I'm quite experienced enough to weigh in on the differences but I can tell you if it works in some of my 3d molds that the 415 was too soft for! :)

Edited by aptommo
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, aptommo said:

Okay thanks for that link!! I assume, if I thought this than a lot of customers of mine will too

Kinda hard to change people's minds once damage has been done,unless you give facts. Some are interested in knowing and some don't care lol. All they go by is what smells good to them.

You could always use the softer wax in a portion cup and call it scoopable. 

Please follow up and let me know how the new wax does for you👍😁

• Like 1

Well I can tell you first that I did not need as much dye for this wax for some reason, so they turned out much darker than anticipated which is not a horrible thing. They pulled right from my silicone molds so fast it's like I blinked and they were hard. I did wait a good 6 hours before attempting anything to be sure. The 415 had to sit overnight before I could even consider it. I only did a small batch to test but here's my hazelnut test! I'm going to do some more testing today but so far so good, these were a snap to remove. The real test comes today with the 3D bear molds I have!

9701160e-519f-4175-8f48-b97c78a31889.jpg

dcc17cd4-d0bf-4d58-a401-65053e423ec3.jpg

13a979b2-a7fc-4889-a033-faccb92b086c.jpg

860104e4-d2d6-461a-9251-d8ce0b24d187.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aptommo said:

Well I can tell you first that I did not need as much dye for this wax for some reason, so they turned out much darker than anticipated which is not a horrible thing. They pulled right from my silicone molds so fast it's like I blinked and they were hard. I did wait a good 6 hours before attempting anything to be sure. The 415 had to sit overnight before I could even consider it. I only did a small batch to test but here's my hazelnut test! I'm going to do some more testing today but so far so good, these were a snap to remove. The real test comes today with the 3D bear molds I have!

They look like dark chocolate fudge treats that can be eaten lol. You might get into some serious trouble if they smell as good as they look.

• Like 2

I had to Google fluffernutter 

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Those are gorgeous especially the fluffernutters above!

thought they looked like fudge covered macaroons. If they are placed on a plate I swear someone will try to eat one 😅😅

one reason I put "do not consume" on products.  There will always be at least 1 that will try😂😂

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, aptommo said:

Wow my 3D bears slid out like a dream too! I'm quite loving this wax!!

a9ea0363-88f4-43f0-90b6-1622ed03dd93.jpg

O m g. I'm loving the bear! Where did u find the mold? Way to cute. I wouldn't want to melt it lol 

How much does he weigh?

The real test will be in performance,how well it throws when melted and how long

9 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

O m g. I'm loving the bear! Where did u find the mold? Way to cute. I wouldn't want to melt it lol 

How much does he weigh?

The real test will be in performance,how well it throws when melted and how long

They weight just a tad under 1oz. 

3 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I did a search and found them. Making 1 at a time would drive me crazy lol. 

I did find 1 that had 3 bears but the bears are different. 

Loving that 1. Great choice

Yes, they are not meant for mass production for sure! I do have 3 of them though. I have a kitty cat 3D too but even with this wax, his ears don't come out with the rest. The reviews on the mold were really mixed so I don't think it's the wax now. Everything else has come right out so far!

I'll definitely report back after it cures and I melt him down! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in, I melted my first run with this wax. It was using 12% FO in Sugar Cookie from thecandlesource and although I wasn't feeling confident since the CT wasn't overwhelming, I can say that the HT lit up my room nicely and lasted about 30 hours for one of the large fancy hearts. I left it go until all I smelled was wax. 

I've been testing the Ecosoya PB along with it to see which I like better.