Is a popular candle company lying?

1 hour ago, Testing123 said:

A popular candle company claims that their fragrances are made in USA and candles hand-poured in Vietnam. You mean to tell me they ship fragrance all the way to Vietnam then ship back the finished product to America?

🤣

sure sounds like that to me! :)

or maybe they manufactured the oils and candle in Vietnam, and shipped the final product to USA.

When I lived in the Philippines, I live close to a processing zone where they manufacture American brand products like Victoria's secret. They made it there, stamped the logo, and shipped it to the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iansmommaya said:

What is the actual language they use? Often times companies say things like "Designed in the USA by Artists." or something.

It says:

"Hand poured in Vietnam. Fragrance made in the USA"

Edited by Testing123

16 minutes ago, syntheaahh said:

sure sounds like that to me! :)

or maybe they manufactured the oils and candle in Vietnam, and shipped the final product to USA.

When I lived in the Philippines, I live close to a processing zone where they manufacture American brand products like Victoria's secret. They made it there, stamped the logo, and shipped it to the US.

I'm aware that companies produce things overseas then ship them here to America. What I think is odd is making fragrance here...allegedly... then shipping to another country. I think they just wanted to add a "made in USA" feel...I have my doubts.

I have a friend who buys their candles at TJ Max for 5.99 all the time.   They make nice looking candles with real pretty jars and lids, but they hardly throw....I will say their wick stickums with the glue or whatever they use is awesome.    She gives me the empty jars all the time for me to refill and I have a heck of a hard time getting the stickums off.   The jars clean really easily....The wax is a very oily greasy wax they use.

Trappeur