When Zincs die in 6006

Lightmyfire

I believe that I used a CD10 with CS Pumpkin Soufflé and it passed but I still think that it can be done much better. That is a really tough one to wick. A Zinc 51I also tested with it and it barely passed so I wouldn’t use that again with it. Interesting to know that you used a CD7 with the Mistletoe hmmmm. Thank you for that test result lol. I use it in a Tumbler jar from

CS with 6006 and I believe it is with either a Zinc 60 or 62. I have to refer to my recipe cards. Certain scents like Pumpkin Pie, Toasted Pumpkin Spice, Cinnabuns, Pumpkin Chai, Cranberry Marmalade, and a few other CS scents I cannot seem to get to work with Zincs or CD’s in a 8oz mason jar. I have all

kinds of different wicks and brands so I may have to venture into those. I just hate when certain wicks are suggested by suppliers yet they do not work for me lol. I guess that I will move on and try HTP’s next unless anyone has a better suggestion 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Candle guy said:

Lightmyfire

I believe that I used a CD10 with CS Pumpkin Soufflé and it passed but I still think that it can be done much better. That is a really tough one to wick. A Zinc 51I also tested with it and it barely passed so I wouldn’t use that again with it. Interesting to know that you used a CD7 with the Mistletoe hmmmm. Thank you for that test result lol. I use it in a Tumbler jar from

CS with 6006 and I believe it is with either a Zinc 60 or 62. I have to refer to my recipe cards. Certain scents like Pumpkin Pie, Toasted Pumpkin Spice, Cinnabuns, Pumpkin Chai, Cranberry Marmalade, and a few other CS scents I cannot seem to get to work with Zincs or CD’s in a 8oz mason jar. I have all

kinds of different wicks and brands so I may have to venture into those. I just hate when certain wicks are suggested by suppliers yet they do not work for me lol. I guess that I will move on and try HTP’s next unless anyone has a better suggestion 

I guess as a lot of others on here have said, if you can't wick a scent then dump it.   It appears that the cinnamon based fo's are taunting you!  I love Cran Marm so I'll give that a whirl in the mason but I will not let it defeat me!!  It may drive me to a nap, however.  Remember those??!

I do not accept defeat all that well so I will keep trying lol. I do know about dumping certain scents but my thought is that other people have accomplished them or else they wouldn’t still sell them. There has to be a combination out there that I have not found quite yet lmao. I will keep pursuing this ugh! 

37 minutes ago, Candle guy said:

I do not accept defeat all that well so I will keep trying lol. I do know about dumping certain scents but my thought is that other people have accomplished them or else they wouldn’t still sell them. There has to be a combination out there that I have not found quite yet lmao. I will keep pursuing this ugh! 

I completely understand-I'm just at the point where I need to be able to "perfect"

a scent then offer it to my customers.  There will always be a few that are a work in progress.  Keep searching!!

Lightmyfire

Yes I agree with you on that. I have Cranberry Woods as a replacement for the time being. That is one of my favorite scents anyways lol. My friends and family are going to want all kinds of stuff this year so I want tomoeefwct some of these as well. I am not conducting business at the moment but I still want to conquer these for when I go back into it. 

• Like 1

Update on CBL125, 51 zinc in 8oz mason jar. It passed yet burned out unexpectedly but that was operator error lol. I realized after scratching my head for a few minutes that the Zinc wicks I had purchased a while back had higher necks on them. This caused me to have a decent amount of wax left over. I will have to order more 51’s except this time with standard necks I suppose lol. The Pumpkin Chai with an Eco 6 is burning way too hot also and the HTP 83 seems to be too small. I also tried an HTP 83 on my Christmas Hearth from CS and that was waaaaaay tooooo small of a flame. It was almost comical. I took that wick out and replaced it with an HTP 104 to see where that takes me. Ugh 😑. I just can’t believe that an Eco 6, 8 and 10 are too hot for the Pumpkin Chai when Zincs and CD’s drowned in it. This just doesn’t make any sense to me. So I may try an

Eco 4 as well just to see. That’s crazy

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Candle guy said:

I just can’t believe that an Eco 6, 8 and 10 are too hot for the Pumpkin Chai when Zincs and CD’s drowned in it.

If I'm understanding correctly, then I learned something new today. I never knew that you have to consider each fragrance from each seller as a factor in how the candle burns. That could take a lifetime! Each company's Pumpkin Chai will smell differently, of course. I just thought if you had the right size and type wick for the size candle and the wax you are using, then you had it all. Do I have it wrong? Nice swing by the way.:)

Quentin,

Thanks for the compliment on my swing hahahahaha. Unfortunately they are factors and it is very frustrating yet rewarding when you make that perfect candle. Heavier scents require different wicking than a lighter scent so on and so on. This is why testing is frustrating lol

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Quentin said:

If I'm understanding correctly, then I learned something new today. I never knew that you have to consider each fragrance from each seller as a factor in how the candle burns. That could take a lifetime! Each company's Pumpkin Chai will smell differently, of course. I just thought if you had the right size and type wick for the size candle and the wax you are using, then you had it all. Do I have it wrong? Nice swing by the way.:)

This is why I've stopped ordering every scent that makes eyes at me...too much work 

• Haha 1

On 9/5/2018 at 12:30 PM, lightmyfire said:

I guess that I will move on and try HTP’s next unless anyone has a better suggestion 

There's definitely no shortage of suggestions out there. Candle Science never recommends anything but the LX or the ECO based on the waxes I've used. Of course their suggestions are based on the waxes and wicks that THEY sell. Then I found other places that never make any mention whatsoever of the LX on the very same wax! I'm getting a headache.:faint: 

Yes CS has to mention ideas for what they sell and I get that but they are not always the best suggestions. I have found that I need to use a hodgepodge of everything from different suppliers to create what I want. Example would be wicks from this supplier and waxes from another and scents from a different one lol. It becomes expensive and oh did I mention expensive? Lol