Best LILAC fo?

starring

If you don't mind a blend, Aztec's Pink Lilac and Willow is one of the bests I've ever smelled. 

Otherwise the only other one I like is from Peak which is now out of business, or maybe they are back, honestly IDK (nor care) what's going on with them. I do know you may be able to find their FO's at Keystone Candle Supply, so you may want to check there. 

I made solid perfume for one grandmother using rustic escentuals' lilac FO, and she really loved it. Made a solid lotion bar for a different grandmother using bramble berry's lilac FO, and she really liked hers, too.

Best I can subjectively describe the OOB scent differences, rustic escentuals' lilac FO smelled more flowery, softer, while bramble berry's smells a little more like the actual plant flowers so it has a mild earthy and rainy aspect to it (best I can word it) like smelling the real thing but distinctly lilac. While again rustic escentuals' was a bit more mellow and soft, not soft as in weak scent, but just soft as opposed to a very distinct scent.

In the items I made, the rustic escentuals' lilac FO was good for the perfume since again it was softer in its nature and more mellow, just a soft floral with some lilac character. The bramble berry lilac FO worked well in the solid lotion since it was very distinct, crisp and a bit strong, and that grandmother has a very weak sense of smell, so it turned out well even at the lower dilution % for lotion. 

Personally I like bramble berry's because I tend to favor earthy scents, like authentic earthy, so I liked that their lilac FO really smelled like being outside with my nose in the flowers. Rustic escentuals' lilac FO was more of a lady-like floral scent, lilac but again just mellowed out.

On May 25, 2018 at 2:21 PM, Jcandleattic said:

If you don't mind a blend, Aztec's Pink Lilac and Willow is one of the bests I've ever smelled. 

Otherwise the only other one I like is from Peak which is now out of business, or maybe they are back, honestly IDK (nor care) what's going on with them. I do know you may be able to find their FO's at Keystone Candle Supply, so you may want to check there. 

I put the PL&W in wax and it was nice, but IMO this one is stellar in CP soap.

• Like 1

I also recommend Nature's Garden Lilac. It's strong so I only use at about 3-4% in soap.   I purchased about 6 different lilacs years ago for a friend who is crazy over lilac.  She chose the NG one.  I sell a lot of it in soap and scrubs.  I really dislike florals so generally leave it up to others to smell and decide when I'm making them.