Need help w/ wholesale contract

Trish

As far as I am concerned, once they get out of my hands, they can be any price the retailer wants. It is their product at that point. Especially private label. NO retailer will ever tell me what to charge for my retail price, EVER! Not their concern. I have one private label account that marks up my wholesale price 200% and gets it. I would not sell for that price, but the customer is paying for the label. A wholesale account has no say in what I do. My product, my price.

Cheers,

Steve

When I private label I disclose on warning labels that my company manufactures the candles. If my private lable customers want to charge more than my retail it's their choice, and if questioned about the difference in prices by someone that looks me up - I would tell them those products were made especially for that retailer and it's their product to price. What I find is that my private label customers sell jars and scents that I don't - so there is very little if any duplication - I don't compete with them, if they want something made for them, they have to buy it from them! LOL

Thanks. :) So, do all chandlers avoid selling the same scents & containers that their wholesale accounts sell? That seems limiting, I'd want to be able to sell any scent to anyone anywhere. I don't see how that works. :confused:

Like Steve I set my wholesale price and tell my customers what the candles retail for. I make it clear it is the suggested retail price but they may sell them for what they want. Most mark up a little above the retail price and they are selling pretty good at those prices.

Some accounts are exclusive scents that only they carry but most carry the same candles I sell on my website. I price them at retail on my website and run sales when I want to sell at prices I want to sell at. I don't let anyone dictate to me how to run my biz nor do I get involved in theirs. If they ask me about them I let them know that my website customers pay shipping so they can get them in their shop for less. I also advertise their shop at craft shows and on my website with their permission. With free advertising I am giving them a bonus.

Sorry for the highjack....and the rant. I guess what I was questioning was if anyone puts the retail price in the contract. It sounds like the answer is "no" which I don't either, but was wondering if I should have. I too, do not care what she is getting for them. I let her all sell them for whatever she wanted all these years. It is just now all of a sudden she is concerned about my retail price on my candles. I do have my company info on my warning labels. Always have.

As far as I am concerned, once they get out of my hands, they can be any price the retailer wants. It is their product at that point. Especially private label. NO retailer will ever tell me what to charge for my retail price, EVER! Not their concern. I have one private label account that marks up my wholesale price 200% and gets it. I would not sell for that price, but the customer is paying for the label. A wholesale account has no say in what I do. My product, my price.

Cheers,

Steve

Exactly.