I'm in the market for a new digital scale for candle making. The one I have now is old and only offers one digit to the right of the decimal point which is not accurate enough for me. I'm also looking for one that can switch over to metric if I want.  Of course, I will need the Tare Function.  Any recommendations? I'm not say that price is no object, but I'll consider anything. Send me a weblink if you can. 

Thanks again,

Q

Hi Quentin I posted this question  several weeks ago ...there where tons off great suggestion...I listened to them and bought two of the suggested scales ...Kd 8000 and a smaller on recommended by sponibr

• Thanks 1

For candlemaking I use a simple $30 Escali scale found at most candle supply sites. It has the tare feature and 3 settings for ounces, pounds, and grams. Never had a need for an expensive scale for candlemaking.

On the other hand for soapmaking I use an upgraded more professional Escali scale since I weigh more items in grams or tenth's of ounces such as powders, herbs, clays, EOs, etc. Plus in soapmaking I need more efficient weight accuracy, LED lighting to better read my weights, a detachable platform that can be easily cleaned and sanitized for all my B&B product, and lastly a scale that won't shut off on me after a few minutes.

• Thanks 1

I second the KD8000 it does everything that Candybee described above,  and you can get it at amazon for $30 or $40, free shipping. My only recommendation with the KD8000 is get the power adapter. I've never used batteries in my scale, and have never had to worry about my scale going wonky because of dead or dying batteries. I do like that I have that option in case I ever am in need of using batteries in case the power goes out or something, but where I am, that's rare. (and I most likely wouldn't make soap, and couldn't make candles, if the power ever did go out anyway)