Reheating Wax in Melting Pots

I made up a few melting pots with fragrance oils and let them cure for a couple weeks.  Now it is time to remelt that wax and pour into jars.  What is the best way to reheat without losing much fragrance?  Quickly?  Slowly?  Can these go in the oven?

GoldieMN

pot.JPG

Depends on if handles are ovenproof whether oven will work and I'd go quickly.  In my head slow is like using the melt and it will burn off more scent but I've never really tried to compare.  I usually use my microwave  but I use glass pots, it melts in 30 seconds but I never have a full pot. 

I’ve had this happen a time or two, but not on purpose 😂 Occassionally I will get busy and my wax will set up too much on me.  I have a small metal cooling rack, like for cakes and cookies, I sit my pot on it over a pot of boiling water.  Be careful though, the steam from the water will cause condensation on the outside of your pot and boy does it burn when it drops on ya! 

I have a flat griddle pan I use to heat my pour pots on. I don't normally let me scented wax cure in the pot thou. But thank goodness for griddle pans. They work great. The oven is another way but I never stuck one of my pour pots in there. Not sure about the handle being oven safe.

I like to work with 4lb batches and often have up to 10 going at a time. I try to stagger them so they aren't all ready to pour at the same time, but, quite often I have to warm them up(sometimes fairly solid), so I keep a few old crockpots on low and just set my pour pot inside. Works out nice, as I don't have to really watch it while I'm doing other things and the scent doesn't burn off.

• Like 1