Ok Call Me Crazy

I want to make a floating rose candle using this mold

http://www.soapandcandlemolds.com/moldlarge.asp?prim=7d7-86cavrose

I do not have experiance with molds except regular tart molds like sold on peaks. I am wondering how the wick goes in. I havent ordered the mold yet because Im afraid I will never know what Im doin:p Any help or advise or just want to tell me I am crazy? Thanks!

What I normally do is use my votive wick pins. Insert them from the underside and pour. Unmold and insert wick, dip in the same wax as you used for the flower to cover the wick tab. Someone may do it alittle different and will chime in and help ya out. HTH Portia

The mold is only 1/2" tall so I don't think you are going to get much of a burn time. You may want to look for a taller mold although the rose you are looking at would be good accent pieces or soaps or melts.

What I would do is get a rod or piece of heavy wire and poke a hole from the inside out but don't go all the way thru the mold. Spray the wire with candle release so it comes out easily. Or you could drill a hole in the mold.

The mold does look like it is upside down but it isn't. The opening you pour wax/soap into will be the bottom of the wax/soap when you pop it out.

Janet

ok - you're crazy :P

sorry - just couldn't resist any longer

I tried - I honestly tried -

I read your thread title when you first put it up and just wouldn't let myself do it

but every single time I saw it the irrisistable urge to post kept getting stronger and stronger till finally I just couldn't stand it anymore

I think it's time to see about getting my meds adjusted (he says as he wanders off away from the keyboard)

I just reread my post and read your response -

I realised that I did not put any smilies in my post so just wanted to make sure you know my post was my idea of a joke about the title of your thread - "Ok Call Me Crazy" (my sense of humor has been classified as "warped" on a good day I won't go into what the classification was on the bad days)

Don't know you well enough to know if you actually are crazy or not - everyone who has ever even met me on the other hand, have no doubts

:D

I have a similar mold. It's actually a baking mold I got at Wally World. 6 cavities.

I let the wax starts to cool just a bit then stick a toothpick into each of the candles. They will stand up on thier own, once the wax gets to a gel state.

When you de-mold, twist the toothpick while pulling it out.

Use the round toothpicks. You might want to cut a bit of the tip off to make it more blunt.

I tried using votive wick pins at first, but the molds started to leak, after a time.

I just reread my post and read your response -

I realised that I did not put any smilies in my post so just wanted to make sure you know my post was my idea of a joke about the title of your thread - "Ok Call Me Crazy" (my sense of humor has been classified as "warped" on a good day I won't go into what the classification was on the bad days)

Don't know you well enough to know if you actually are crazy or not - everyone who has ever even met me on the other hand, have no doubts

:D

Oh just wait till you get to know me! You will realize I am crazy but in a fun and adorable way! LMAO:laugh2: