Let's discuss our RE samples. Got mine yesterday!

GailC

Here are the ones that stood out to me OOB.

For Fall:

Caramel Pretzel Bar - I can smell the chocolate and the caramel...just yummy and unlike anything I already have.

Ginger Souffle - Also a 'new' scent.  Not just apple spice.  

Spiced Pumpkin Latte - You can really smell the coffee, it's oh so good.  Wish I had bought a big bottle of this one instead of the Caramel Cafe, which is good but this one is better to me.

For Christmas:

I got Christmas Fantasy and Christmas Cheer but my favorite was Main Street Christmas

For Spring/summer

Tuscan Fields - Oh I like this one and it's also different from anything I have already.

Caribbean Day Spa -I will be anxious to put this one in wax come Spring.  Nice!

Raspberry Lilac - I am discovering more and more that while I don't like floral scents, I do like floral/fruity blends.

Maybe/on the fence

Blue Skies and Clothespins - these are both lovely fresh scents, but I have to decide if I just want to stick with High Cotton and Sea Island Cotton.

Welcome Home, Amish Quilt, Rustic Lodge - all are my kind of spicy fruity fall fragrances, but I have so many already.

Earl Grey & Apple -  love the name, smell a lot of apple.  Have to think about this one.

Hot Apple Pie SNC - I love apple pie and this is a good one.  Less expensive than Baked Apple HI, which is my absolute favorite.

For my daughter:

White Sage - She says it smells more like the real dried sage she burns than the Sage I have from NG.  NG's is sweeter.  This is not my kind of scent, but it's not bad.

Definite NO:

Bourbon and Brown Sugar - Just ewwww.  Sour to me.  Got this sample for my son and his wife who smelled a beer barrel bourbon candle somewhere and liked it.  But Jon said it smelled like caramel coffee.  That's why I bought the 16 oz bottle of Caramel Cafe.  Sure glad I didn't buy a 16 oz bottle of this.

Other no's:

White Chocolate Apple - All my friend and I could smell was apple OOB.

Fruit Medley - It's nice and all, but nothing special.  I have better fruit FO's

Molasses Cookie - It's OK but I don't smell molasses

Badedas - Well I don't like the name for one. :)  It had some good reviews on this forum, and I think it's OK, but nothing special.

Those are my first and second and third impressions. I have to smell them some more. :)  I think my very favorite is the Caramel Pretzel Bar. I am ready to order it and the Ginger Souffle, Pumpkin Latte and Main Street Christmas right now, but I have to make myself wait until I use some of the new ones I have already.  

I'd be interested in hearing about what you got and how you liked your samples.

• Like 1

I was ready to check out on Monday and my cart disappeared. I thought it ran through the end of the day - apparently not lol ! Im super curious to hear what you 

guys think of your new oils ? The bourbon + brown sugar sounded good, so Gail you don't care for it ? Did you get any of the other new oils ? I too love 

Main Street Christmas, its so nice ! I really wanted to try the Ginger Souffle, you smelled apple from that one ? I don't remember seeing apple as a note ? I too didn't care for the Blue Skies.

Edited by Moonstar

9 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I was ready to check out on Monday and my cart disappeared. I thought it ran through the end of the day - apparently not lol ! Im super curious to hear what you 

guys think of your new oils ? The bourbon + brown sugar sounded good, so Gail you don't care for it ? Did you get any of the other new oils ? I too love 

Main Street Christmas, its so nice ! I really wanted to try the Ginger Souffle, you smelled apple from that one ? I don't remember seeing apple as a note ? I too didn't care for the Blue Skies.

No, I meant Ginger Souffle didn't smell like spiced apples like so many fall fragrances do to me. For instance, I got Cranapple Spice from Candlewic, and I like it, but I mostly smell spiced apples.   I smell fruit and spices in the Ginger Souffle, but it's different.  The description says "light nuances of apple and peach" and "hint of black currant".

I don't smell any brown sugar in the Bourbon & Brown Sugar. I just had an instant reaction of turning up my nose at that one.....but others might love it.  I listed every oil I got.  I don't know which ones were new, if any.

I like Blue Skies, just don't know if I have to have it. :) I have other nice fresh fragrances.  It is different though.

Sorry you didn't get in on the sale.  I have noticed that items don't stay in my cart until I make up my mind like they do on other suppliers' sites.  I like Candlewic, cause my stuff stays in the cart forever. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I use about 10 of their oils and only 1 of those you mentioned.  Badedas, I bought on request from someone and it sells for me.  Not my favorite but some love it.

I am increasing my inventory of RE fragrances. For quite a while, I mainly used their HI Baked Apple.  I bought Frozen and it was a moderate seller.  Pineapple & Brown Sugar wasn't popular.

Then last winter, I bought Celtic MoonSpice and it was a hit.  This summer I got Da Lime in Da Coconut and Sea Grass & Sand Dunes (got a free sample of that and loved it.)  Also got Black Currant Tea which I like OOB but haven't used it yet.  Got that when I ordered Pipe Smoke per special request.  Now I think I'm stuck with most of a bottle of that, because no one else seems to want it.

My new ones with this order were Caramel Cafe and Plum Tart (bought this one because of a free sample too.)

Which 10 do you use?  I may need to try some more. :)

I started selling Rustic Escentuals Spiced Pumpkin Latte this year and customers love it.  Pumpkin Creme Brulee, Christmas Bliss, Amish Quilt, Celtic Moonspice, and Apple Pumpkin Studel also sell well.  Toasted Marshmallow is a new one for me but haven't sold many yet.  I generally don't test oils that I don't care for OOB because there are so many other ones I want to try. :)  I tested Pineapple & Brown Sugar and liked it but was afraid customers wouldn't go for pineapple which you definitely can smell so never ordered more.  Starting to like Santa's Whiskers and hoping to get a good strong hot throw so I can add it to my inventory this fall with a different name.  Their MacIntosh has been a strong thrower in the past, but I have not been able to get back to that strong of a throw with this problem 464 even with wicking up, down, or with different wicks.  May just repour a new batch to test.  

I have so many samples of their oils so looking forward to hearing results the rest of you are having.

Goldie

@GoldieMN I keep thinking about blending cake with the Pineapple & Brown Sugar and calling it Pineapple Upside Down Cake to see if it will sell then.  But haven't got aroundtoit yet. :)

I will have to keep the others you mentioned in mind for next year's sale.  Except I am going to buy the Spiced Pumpkin Latte sometime this season.  

Edited by GailC
  • Like 2

I am digging the Pine Cone & Lime and Clean Green.  I was looking FO's for room sprays and those two seem particularly promising.  Also love the Teakwood & Coconut and Beachwood Vetiver.  Plan to use those for personal use because I don't think they'll be big sellers here in the mountains...LOL.  I got a lot of holiday scents.  I've gotta get these in wax to make up my mind, but so far I'm liking Winter Wonderland.  It's different than the WW I was using from another supplier, and I think I like this one better.  The Spiced Coquito is nice also.  If it tests well I might use it instead of Eggnog this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GailC said:

@GoldieMN I keep thinking about blending cake with the Pineapple & Brown Sugar and calling it Pineapple Upside Down Cake to see if it will sell then.  But haven't got aroundtoit yet. :)

I will have to keep the others you mentioned in mind for next year's sale.  Except I am going to buy the Spiced Pumpkin Latte sometime this season.  

Yum!  Love pineapple upside-down cake. :)

Goldie

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GailC said:

Which 10 do you use?  I may need to try some more. :)

This is what I've actually put into wax and sold, I have more untested scents.

Apple Cinnamon (Baked Apples is my name)

Bamboo & Sugarcane

Cranberry Yuzu

Dragon's Blood

Hazelnut Coffee

Orig Claire Burke (don't like this at all but I still sell it)

Rooibos Red Tea

Rustic Lodge

Salty Sea Air (I blend this for my mermaid scent)

Satsuma

Sweet Amber Musk

White Nectarine

Toasted Mashmallow

Oatmeal Milk & Honey

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 1

I have tried most of RE's scents from previous scent sales, unless they sound like something I will hate.  Since it's the cheapest their fragrances will ever be, I always order the ones I like, and just dump them in my existing larger bottle if I have one.  I do try new scents that sound good to me. I did not find any I liked from the new ones I tried this time around.  I got Swedish Dream Salt, Elderflower & Moss, Sandalwood & Shea, Artica, Ribbon Candy, Teakwood & Coconut.  None of them are horrible, they just are nothing special to me.  One of my favorites from RE is Celebrate Christmas.  As far as I can tell, although I LOVE the scent, it seems light.  Does anyone know where else to get it?  It's supposed to be a Yankee Dupe.   I also love Lemon Curd, Baked Apple Hi, Santa's Whiskers, Spiced Pumpkin Latte, Sweet Potato Spice, Pumpkin Bread, Apple Harvest Festival, Violet Leaf & Sweet Grass, and there are others.  Since they did not release all their new scents during the sale, I am wondering if they will do the "What's New" pack they have done in the past.  I'm  not sure if I would get it this time though since I did not like any of the new ones I tried. 

20 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Not yet but I have it.  Not sure I like it OOB but I've learned not to judge on that.  Planned on testing it for summer but that never happened!

Is it sweet like taffy ? Taffy comes in so many flavors, does this one have a flavor ?

56 minutes ago, Beaches said:

Now I don't feel so bad about missing out. Well actually what happened was I went to my cart to double check everything and BAM, my cart disappeared  lol ! 

The sale was over right when I was ready to check out. Now I'll use that money that I saved to go towards larger bottles of what I like. Which is pretty much 

what you've mentioned except Violet Leaf + Sweet Grass. Question, didn't you say you've used SC Lavender + Herbs ? How's the HT ? I use 464 but am 

considering testing a few new waxes. 

Edited by Moonstar

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Now I don't feel so bad about missing out. Well actually what happened was I went to my cart to double check everything and BAM, my cart disappeared  lol ! 

The sale was over right when I was ready to check out. Now I'll use that money that I saved to go towards larger bottles of what I like. Which is pretty much 

what you've mentioned except Violet Leaf + Sweet Grass. Question, didn't you say you've used SC Lavender + Herbs ? How's the HT ? I use 464 but am 

considering testing a few new waxes. 

SC Lavender & Herbs has a good hot throw in 464.  I like a strong herbal Lavender, and that one is pretty good.   The best straight lavenders I have used are actually Candle Science Lavender and Nature's Garden French Lavender.  I have not liked most of the others I have tried.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beaches said:

SC Lavender & Herbs has a good hot throw in 464.  I like a strong herbal Lavender, and that one is pretty good.   The best straight lavenders I have used are actually Candle Science Lavender and Nature's Garden French Lavender.  I have not liked most of the others I have tried.  

Thank you :) I wasn't sure that the SC lavender + herbs would have a good HT because it says it's heavy on the EO's. The Original Clairol Herbal Essence

sounds great too but not sure about the HT in that one. CS does have a good lavender, never tried the one from NG but heard that WSP Lavender Sage is 

good. Ive also read so many good things about MMS The Sage but they are so darn expensive. I really wanna try the Blackberry Ice Tea though :) 

22 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Rustic Lodge is a big seller for me in the fall. I'm thinking about using their Spicy Apples & Peaches since I'm soon to run out of TCS. I sell and love their Vanilla Butter Fudge, but I call it Vanilla Butter Cookie.

Oh now that sounds good , Vanilla Butter Cookie. Does it actually pass for a cookie scent or is it just sweet ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Is it sweet like taffy ? Taffy comes in so many flavors, does this one have a flavor ?

Well, I went to look for my bottle to sniff again as I don't remember if it had a particular scent other than sweet.  I apparently gave it to a friend who I traded a bunch of candle supplies for homemade soaps.  I guess I really didn't like it OOB, but I'm not a fan of anything too sweet smelling.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Thank you :) I wasn't sure that the SC lavender + herbs would have a good HT because it says it's heavy on the EO's. The Original Clairol Herbal Essence

sounds great too but not sure about the HT in that one. CS does have a good lavender, never tried the one from NG but heard that WSP Lavender Sage is 

good. Ive also read so many good things about MMS The Sage but they are so darn expensive. I really wanna try the Blackberry Ice Tea though :) 

The Original Herbal Essence is really good.  It does have a great hot throw, I love it. I do candles, melt and pour soap, shower gel, lotion, sugar scrub and any thing else I try in it.   I still have never found anything else that can compare.  I will try the WSP lavender next order with them..  I just placed an order so I can do melt and pour soaps for my daughter's wedding, so it will be a few months.  Who is MMS?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Beaches said:

The Original Herbal Essence is really good.  It does have a great hot throw, I love it. I do candles, melt and pour soap, shower gel, lotion, sugar scrub and any thing else I try in it.   I still have never found anything else that can compare.  I will try the WSP lavender next order with them..  I just placed an order so I can do melt and pour soaps for my daughter's wedding, so it will be a few months.  Who is MMS?

Heres a link :) I'll go ahead and get the Herbal Essence too :) I remember when my daughter got married, it was stressful but a lot of fun . 

Best wishes on her big day ! If you order from WSP try the Fresh Wreath, its inexpensive and really good, just like a fresh wreath. I'll do a post 

soon about the WSP oils I just received. If you like food type  FO's I was amazed how real the jelly donut smelled - so good.

https://www.thesage.com

• Like 1

On 8/11/2017 at 7:56 PM, Moonstar said:

Oh now that sounds good , Vanilla Butter Cookie. Does it actually pass for a cookie scent or is it just sweet ?

Yep Moonstar it does pass as a cookie. It wasn't selling as Van Butter Fudge so I changed the name and it sells very well.

• Like 1